• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funky Kong & Dry Bowser for DLC?

TheVillainous

Banned via Warnings
These two characters have both appeared in Mario Kart Wii and the other [Dry Bowser] is planned to be a DLC character in Mario Kart 8. Dry Bowser could be an easy-to-implement clone of Bowser and be less defensive due to the lack of skin and more of a hard hitter than bowser and could have different special moves.
Here are my ideas for Dry Bowser Special Moves and why they would be fitting:
1. Neutral B Special: For this he should use blue fire and this time be a fireball that's blue, stronger, and hotter than Bowser's Neutral B, but also be slow and not very ranged.
2. Down B Special: This one could be the same as Bowsers considering he stomps, but it should be more damaging and much slower.
3. Side B Special: Considering Dry Bowser isn't really grabby he could instead have an arc throwing bone that's heavy, but does lots of damage like the one he uses in New Super Mario Bros 2 which had a hammer bro like arc.
4. Up B Special: This one should remain the same and be much fasterand increased height compared to the other one, but less damage because he's a skeleton which have less weight than fleshed bodies.
Final Smash: Giga Dry Bowser. Because this did exist in New Super Mario Bros 2 and because it is just an awesome concept.

Now as for Funky Kong. He definitely made tons of Donkey Kong Appearances and considering he already has a series definitely makes him a good candidate. Forget about Dixie or King K Rool. Funky Kong is wayyy more interesting and cooler looking. Not sure for the specials of him, but he would be a damn good addition to the roster if added. He should be more agile and maneuverable than Donkey Kong. More like between Donkey Kong and Funky Kong. And he's funky, so he should have funky crazy more dynamic gameplay. I'm hoping if he were to be included that he'd be a combo-type character like Captain Falcon.

A clone would be a waste of Dry Bowser potential, imo. They could take advantage of him being undead, and specifically, a glorified Dry Bones which are known for dis- and re-assembling. He could have a move where he throws his own skull as a projectile, which can then breathe ghostly fire like a turret. Of course, there would be some glaring weakness when the body is missing its head, like reversed control stick input or poor defense.

Funky would be great for finally putting that coconut gun (and other jungle weapons) to use.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I hate playing as Smash Bros. 4 Bowser, so what if Dry Bowser was simply ported with Melee/Project M Bowser's moveset? I think Dry Bowser should use a blue version of Bowser's Fire Roar custom special as his default standard special. I think his Final Smash should be a spiritual successor to Pit's and Dedede's old Final Smash: A bunch of Dry Bones and Boos appear on the stage, while Dry Bowser grows in size a bit.

Oh - and of course - his down special would result in falling apart. Same animation length and function as Melee Bowser's, but a cooler visual.
A clone would be a waste of Dry Bowser potential, imo. They could take advantage of him being undead, and specifically, a glorified Dry Bones which are known for dis- and re-assembling. He could have a move where he throws his own skull as a projectile, which can then breathe ghostly fire like a turret. Of course, there would be some glaring weakness when the body is missing its head, like reversed control stick input or poor defense.

Funky would be great for finally putting that coconut gun (and other jungle weapons) to use.
This is clever and I like it too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom