• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun Ledge Options (Only on Yoshi's)

Myst0

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I was just messing around on doing some instant wall jumps double jump onto stage (on yoshi's) and it only works on yoshi's because its the only tournament stage that you can wall jump without using your dj. It isn't that hard to do just let go of ledge move towards wall then immediately switch your direction to wall jump then use your dj and then fade toward the stage and you can get some good distance, with some practice you can do some back air returns to the stage or just longer ledge dashes and just for some fun swag! What are your guys thoughts on it? Could it ever be useful or just categorized as some useless swag?

Mr.Enzo

Smash Rookie
Mostly swag I think. I think a couple of the swaggier falcons like westballz and jeapie have wj dj onto stage into knee. Soo tasty. Looks awesome.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Hey guys! I was just messing around on doing some instant wall jumps double jump onto stage (on yoshi's) and it only works on yoshi's because its the only tournament stage that you can wall jump without using your dj. It isn't that hard to do just let go of ledge move towards wall then immediately switch your direction to wall jump then use your dj and then fade toward the stage and you can get some good distance, with some practice you can do some back air returns to the stage or just longer ledge dashes and just for some fun swag! What are your guys thoughts on it? Could it ever be useful or just categorized as some useless swag?
You can do instant wall jumps on almost any stage without using your dj if you do your wall jump after Dash Attacking the ledge, just hold towards the stage while in your DA animation, then away as soon as you fall and hug the wall. I believe you can do it if you're frame perfect of BF, but I usually do a backwards DJ to WJ on the lower wall, knee your way back to under the ledge and uB to ledge.

The most useful thing you could do with Yoshi's angle ledges is some sick edge cancelled auto fastfallen aerials, but doing them out of a WJ would face you away from the ledge, making invincible ledge refresh not an option.

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
Actually what Myst0 Myst0 is talking about is called a scar jump, a Doraki wall jump is something similar but its different, and I actually think its less useful to falcon than the scar jump. Gravy is the only Falcon I see these days that consistently uses the scar jump, but it's super good in some situations. Specifically against Marth, scar and gravy would scar jump Uair when they recover and then DJ knee or Uair depending on DI. Gimps really well at low %.

It has a similar use to DJ bair from ledge, but Uair covers more space and you get to keep your DJ. Check out Gravy vs the moon in a recent set (I think CFL sixty something) if you wanna see him destroy Marth off stage with it.

Also, in I Killed Mufasa, scar does scar jump DJ knees onto stage all the time. It's boss.

Tldr; It's the scar jump and it's actually really useful in certain matchups.

Myst0

Smash Cadet
^ Right it is also in it takes guts to be amazing where he does a wj dj into knee on a peach.

Top Bottom