• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fullhopping.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Do any of you guys do it? I usually tend to fullhop and mix it in because SH's start to get readable at times. Usually I'd do full hop fireballs and alot of full hop Dair's then to Bairs so that they won't shield grab me. Of course fullhopping 100% is bad once they start to read you.

Matt07

Smash Master
Nope, I never fullhop. When I accidently full hop, and use an aerial I get punished.

I dunno, I just find it doesn't fit into my playstyle, I'll use it with Fireballs sometimes but that's about it.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Nope, I never fullhop. When I accidently full hop, and use an aerial I get punished.

I dunno, I just find it doesn't fit into my playstyle, I'll use it with Fireballs sometimes but that's about it.
When I fullhop I tend to end up being behind it. I try to take advantage of Mario's fastfallness so I'd get to the ground more quickly and not get punished. x.x;

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I fullhop a lot to mix up my fireball camping. I also do fullhop D-air to N-air or B-air as a mixup approach. Fullhop F-air is also a useful fakeout because you can immediately N-air or U-air before you hit the ground.

Fullhopping is useful srsly. Also, try fullhopped F-airs on battlefield, because they autocancel on the platforms.

Oh yeah, the other thing is fullhops are better than shorthops if you're like me and sometimes do N-airs out of shield.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I fullhop a lot to mix up my fireball camping. I also do fullhop D-air to N-air or B-air as a mixup approach. Fullhop F-air is also a useful fakeout because you can immediately N-air or U-air before you hit the ground.

Fullhopping is useful srsly. Also, try fullhopped F-airs on battlefield, because they autocancel on the platforms.

Oh yeah, the other thing is fullhops are better than shorthops if you're like me and sometimes do N-airs out of shield.
This is basically up to the point I was trying to explain lol. Kudos. Basically I do is what you said ^o^

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Anyone who has ever played me knows that I fullhop Dairs all the time. Fullhop Dair -> FF Bair/Uair/Nair depending on the situation, or a cape in midair to bait them into whiffing an attack and punishing that. The way Dair hits keeps them sort of "locked" on the ground long enough for me to force them to react to my fastfalled attack; often with a sidestep or dash in the wrong direction. Can't really be shieldgrabbed as I'm going up since it's Dair, and I always land behind them incase they try to shieldgrab my landing. Not exactly foolproof, but it's a good tactic to have in your pocket

Fullhop Nair works great as well, but slightly better for spacing than offensive purposes. I prefer Dair, but I've seen a few Marios use this well.

<3 Fullhop Dair.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Ah, people are finally finding out the awesomeness of fireball camping!
I don't give a F$*@ about those who complain about fireball spamming. Saying that its not fair, mario has other moves, blah blah blah...

NO JOHNS...

Full hop fireball spamming destroys certain characters, most especially ROB.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol I remember playing a Dedede on AiB, and he wanted to do a re-match because he was at around 70% first stock and was already sick of my Fireball spamming :laugh:.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Anything goes in them 8 min matches. Long as Mario comes out the victor. Shoot them often.

I find myself connecting with a FH Nair, then jumping again to follow up with whatever looks good at that point in time fairly often.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Lol I remember playing a Dedede on AiB, and he wanted to do a re-match because he was at around 70% first stock and was already sick of my Fireball spamming :laugh:.
Yup pretty much, if it works, it works. You can't complain about it, I mean it isn't anything close to being as cheap as Falco's SHDB laser spam or snake's broken DAC..

Anyways, I also love to perform Fullhopped fairs, if you feint your movement with it pretending to trying to hit your foes, you can fake em into a buffered move. Personally FH Fair to DAC usmash works wonders for me...:)

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time when i full hop i get punished :/, although i can bet im doing something wrong. Im practicing my SH's right now but when i SHu-air i go almost twice as high just from tapping the jump button and using u-air. I believe this is caused by having my tap jump on, which is stupid because that means that during tournaments im gonna get punished everytime i do a SHu-air because i wont be able to change tap jump off :/.

Any tips?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hey, I usually use my tap-jump too, it's just how I play. Just use your C-stick when performing shorthopped Uairs.

-Never learned to use X to jump, always jumped with the control stick.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I usually use my tap-jump too, it's just how I play. Just use your C-stick when performing shorthopped Uairs..
I dont use control stick to jump and tap jump is screwing me up in my combos is what i was saying in my post. I guess i'll have to work with using c stick then.?

Top Bottom