• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Full Starter List?

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't the warning banner have the character's name on it on the Japanese site?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It in fact does, Rikka. It's pretty much proclaiming: "You haven't seen this guy before!"

You guys think that every single little mundane detail is a clue to help us better unterstand the concept of SSBB's secrets.

But really, they just update the site. Just look at the pictures and read what's said. There is no pattern, no traditions, nothing. The only thing you can GUESS is that "Hey, we haven't had a character update in a while, I hope there's another one tonight."

If there were to be no more character updates, he would have spaced the updates to every other week, or even more space between.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Warning banners were only placed on characters that weren't in any trailers.

Ike, PT, and Diddy.

I realize this, but as I said, the fact that the text of the banner is just about identical to the challenger screen in Melee makes it something worth considering.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Warning, all characters that have been revieled on smasbros.com are revieled in this post

From what i've noticed in a pattern, they've announced a new char every week on average, leaving 10 more weeks until brawl comes out. Just a pattern though, those mean nothing of course. Here let me lay it out for you

May 23rd: Link and Mario
May 25th: Pit
June 7th: Pikachu and Kirby
June 11th: Fox
June 15th: Samus
June 20th: Wario
June 25th: Zelda
July 3rd: Bowser
July 12th: Donkey Kong
July 19th: Zero Suit Samus
July 24th: Yoshi
Augest 1st: Ike
Augest 13th: Pokemon Trainer
Augest 17th: Peach
Augest 22nd: Diddy Kong
September 5th: Meta Knight
September 14th: Ice climbers
September 21st: Snake

While still somewhat random, there is a definate pattern in the layout of the character updates. Based off this I predict that there will be an update for a new char wednesday the 26th (i'll prolly end up being wrong on that). But I can tell you for sure that this isnt the last of the character updates, its just the last of the characters we know.

Edit: pirkid, dont make an "uneducated guess" make educated guesses. Sorry word choice is bothering me there.

2nd edit: I just crossed by a new idea to support the starter list theory. If we take a look at the wifi page (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html). It shows how you can select what icon to use. All the characters that have been anounced are there (except snake) then it goes strait to miis. Snake was anounced after this update so thats why he wasnt there.. But that also fits in with the idea that snake is unlockable. To create a new menu to hide the other characters seems to be going out of the way just for 1 screenshot (although still highly probable)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Maybe they didn't want to unveil anything via a new screenshot? Look at the trophies. All of them are updates we've previously had.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
yeah i'm guessing that there will still be about 4 vets and probably 1 or 2 newcomers still. and falcon is definitly coming up this week. i can feel it. and maybe the fact that they hid dr. stewart's trophy face is saying it's falcon's time this week. but that's just me.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
However, argument up there aside I have tallied up the characters on the Melee screen and while it added to 25, the inclusion of Sheik added it to 26.

Whether the argument behind Zelda and Sheik supposed to be utilized as one character singularily or as seperate characters is just more opinion.

However as Samus and Zero Suit Samus are two non-interchangeable characters voluntarily it is another opinion to view them as entirely seperate characters altogether would be more speculation.

I suppose we'll know when or if we are getting any more Starter characters with the possible updates of Ness/Lucas and/or Cpt. Falcon in the future.

But I add with this thought. Why.. would you update an unlockable character, before said starter characters?

Why.. That wouldn't be very traditional now would it?

=l
yeah but we've seen snake already so actually there updating someone we already know about. confirming unconfirmed vets is a bigger shock then seeing snake again, meaning we already know he is in and if they announced ness then everyone would be surprised.

Hungry Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... no character this week, but of course their where many weeks where no character was confirmed. But still, there was no new character. Lets bet on it. This is the full starter list.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
There's 2 months left before the game comes out, and already you've established that's what's revealed up until now is the only thing that will be in the game?

F***... they still have characters to reveal. Don't go assuming things.

Top Bottom