• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Full drift back using A or Z for aerials?

notpi31419

Smash Rookie
When Hungrybox does a ledge stall (for example, against Mango on Yoshi's Story at Evo 2015), it seems like one basic version can be accomplished by doing (if I am on the left side of the stage):

1. Let go of ledge with analog stick back
2. With the analog stick in neutral, jump and then immediately move the analog stick back, then use the C stick to do a fair (while moving away from the ledge)
3. Use analog stick to drift towards the ledge

However, I heard Hungrybox doesn't use the C stick, and instead uses Z for aerials. How is doing this even possible then!?! When he does the fair, doesn't he drift toward the stage instead of drift back, which messes it up, even if you do the fair as quickly as possible? I can't do this basic version of the ledge stall using Z or A. How does Hungrybox?!

Massive

Smash Champion
You only have to tilt the stick in the other direction for the aerial to come out, and if you do it fast enough it doesn't have as much effect on your momentum.

So, you have to do it faster and better, lol.

Top Bottom