• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ftilt

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'd just like to know what situations this move is good in, and what uses it has. Thanks.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Mario brawler nailed it. It's used pretty much any time I don't wanna use my Fsmash. If the person's in KO percentages, I'd just as soon switch that Ftilt for an Fsmash.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I don't use F-tilt much, but it could come out as a surprise attack if you want it to be. It's an all right move and the knockback's decent, too. Comes out fast, too. Go ahead and give it a shot. :)

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Try incorporating it into you're matches, might find out the best method for you as yourself to using it with you're style of play.

I myself use is at a attack to give me space & room, it's quick move, has decent range, decent knockback, even decent damage. Mainly to keep my Fsmash fresh early on, helps me rack up damage while keeping my KO moves fresh. Later on in the round though I use it with the sole purpose of giving me space while knocking the opponett pretty far back since he's at high %, also since the Ftilt comes out rather lagless in comparison to the Fsmash. (I treat Fsmahes like gold) KO only. Although if i'm a stock ahead with 100 something %, lol. I disregard everything I just stated and use whatevers convenient at connecting for the damage. :laugh:

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Try incorporating it into you're matches, might find out the best method for you as yourself to using it with you're style of play.

I myself use is at a attack to give me space & room, it's quick move, has decent range, decent knockback, even decent damage. Mainly to keep my Fsmash fresh early on, helps me rack up damage while keeping my KO moves fresh. Later on in the round though I use it with the sole purpose of giving me space while knocking the opponett pretty far back since he's at high %, also since the Ftilt comes out rather lagless in comparison to the Fsmash. (I treat Fsmahes like gold) KO only. Although if i'm a stock ahead with 100 something %, lol. I disregard everything I just stated and use whatevers convenient at connecting for the damage. :laugh:
All right. I'll use it more, Ray/Boshi. Could help my playstyle more. :)

Max Ketchum

Alright, thanks a ton guys. I asked because usually it looks like there's a better option (I prefer dtilt cause it can start up some fancy uair stuff), but then again I'm relatively inexperienced with Mario. Thanks again for the input though.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Ftilt seems to be underrated at times. I myself find it extremely helpful. Usually I do a SH fireballs and ftilt walls if they come around my nuts. Works pretty well for defensively and sometimes offensively play. great spacing tool.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
really you use d-tilt doom?
f-tilt is a much better move
d-tilt lacks,damage,range,speed and knockback
lol their was a thread a few days a ago about how bad it was,im suprised your able to use it in you playstyle :D
oh and at low percents,opponent's with bad DI can get caught in f-tilt chains near a leadge(their back towards the ledge),and yes it is a great spacing move aswell when you need breathing room

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
SH fireball - > Ftilt.

My favourate thing to do :]

- They get hit by fireball AND ftilt.
- They spot dodge the fireball, but the ftilt just kicks them back into the fireball.
- They shield both the fireball and the ftilt, but get pushed back enough that they can't shield grab.

I've been doing this since melee, same results.

Max Ketchum

I don't really play Mario, so incorporating dtilt into my playstyle is just lack of knowledge of the character. XD

Thanks for the extra input guys.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
what about that sliding tech thing that mario does with a ftilt, has anyone else found that useful. I don't think it is, but still, but then again, i almost thought ness' psi magnet push effect was nearly useless until i started using it properly against people expanding my metagame for him.

Any thoughts on mario's ftilt sliding tech...?

Top Bottom