• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fthrow tips

legion598

Smash Ace
mkay so i picked up the ice climbers a few days ago. I can do the fthrow infinite grab with nana but then when i go for the same thing with popo the grab seems harder. Infact for some reason it seems easier to pivot grab with popo. So if i could get any tips on the timing for doing the second grab in a forward chain grab with popo it would be pretty sweet

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you know... it's easier to pivot grab with popo for me as well

if it's easier to do something for you, do it : )

chewyy

Smash Ace
Here's my hypothesis. :p

There's a delay between when you hit something to when nana does it. You already got used to that timing, and when you try to use the same timing with popo, it doesn't work for obvious reasons. The pivot grab seems easier because a pivot grab requires more than just hitting grab and you unconsciously get excited and hit the grab button a little earlier, which is closer to the correct timing.

Conclusion: Do what everyone already said, either practice grabbing with popo, or just do what is easier for you and pivot grab with popo.

nasir123

Smash Ace
well i have masterd it and i had the exact same problem as you. what i did is looked at the bugging of millers combo video "Enter The Ice" and i lookked at when he started the grab. If that doesn't work out for you then just mass training mode but thats just an opinion.

K 2

Smash Lord
I think there is 5-6 frames of delay for Nana, but no delay for Popo. That makes fthrow's kind of tricky, since you have to alternate between inputting grab a bit early, and inputting the grab a bit late.

Top Bottom