• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fsmash's forward momentum?

Stafy

Smash Journeyman
So I was in a match with a Jigglypuff mainer, and they happened to use Sing on me. However, I was charging a Fsmash and went towards it, but I went across the floor. At first I knew that would happen, but the only thing we know to make this momentum/range is C-stick and control stick opposite way. Could there possibly be a way to make a psudeo-boost/"wavedash" with Captain Falcon's Fsmash? I tried doing shield, but it only goes for a pivot smash.

Should we look this up a bit more, or is this just another fantasy?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I think what you're talking about is in the start of the release of FSmash it moves him forward, and in the end of the release it stops him. If the ending half gets interrupted you can slide a bit if you aren't knocked back. Is that what you're talking about?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
nope its just a sing glitch.. whenever you use moves that send you slightly forward rest pauses that animation speed and sends you sliding. this also can happen with falcon punch.

Stafy

Smash Journeyman
I think what you're talking about is in the start of the release of FSmash it moves him forward, and in the end of the release it stops him. If the ending half gets interrupted you can slide a bit if you aren't knocked back. Is that what you're talking about?
Yeah, also what Skip2MaLoo said.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
That happens with ANYthing that gets you momentum. If you dash through Jigglypuff's Sing, you will "slide" to sleep. Does an extended fsmash reach?

Top Bottom