• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fsmash.org Tournament 2, $30 in prizes – FINISHED

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
fsmash.org Tournament 2
- Starring You -
Also starring the day December 12th, 2009
Featuring $30.00 in prizes

What is fsmash.org?
fsmash.org is a replacement for the old SWF Friend Finder.

If you want to know more, we have a stickied thread in Online Discussion: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208726

Signup
This tournament will be conducted through the fsmash.org Brawl Faux Finder. To sign up, you must create an account on fsmash.org. When December 12th rolls around, click Official Faux Finder Tournament 2, and then click the Register button. The site will do the rest. (You cannot signup ahead of time. Posting in this thread does not count as signing up.)

This tournament is restricted to North America and Central America (USA, Canada, Mexico). This is to prevent as much lag as possible.

There is no entry fee. Signup is free.

Rules
The full rules are listed on fsmash.org. To find them, click on Official Faux Finder Tournament 2 under the Tournaments heading, and then click on Rules.

In summary: this is a standard Brawl tournament. You get to ban one neutral stage and one counterpick stage. Lylat Cruise is a neutral. Almost everything else is normal.

Bracket
This is fsmash.org’s second official tournament. Last time we used the Swiss System and it was awesome, so we're going to use it again. That means that you don’t get eliminated if you lose: you get to play every single round. And because of the way the bracket works, we can handle any number of players.

We have a demo of the tournament system that you can play with online.

You promised me prizes!
1st place: $15
2nd place: $10
3rd place: $5
Prizes are redeemable via PayPal or Nintendo Wii Points.
This tournament has no entry fee, but donations are more than welcome.

Have fun!

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
How many minutes per round? Or... about how long did the first one take to finish?

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
Stages

* Neutrals
o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
o Smashville
o Lylat Cruise
* Counterpicks
o Halberd
o Pokémon Stadium 1
o Castle Siege
o Delfino Plaza
o Brinstar
o Frigate Orpheon
o Rainbow Cruise
o Jungle Japes
o Pokémon Stadium 2
o Norfair
o Distant Planet
o Pirate Ship

THOSE ARE YOUR STAGES?????? I LOVE YOU!!!!

Really I ******* love you.

I mean it. say the word and we're off to Vegas!

EDIT: SERIOUSLY this is too good to be true for a mk user.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
How many minutes per round? Or... about how long did the first one take to finish?
We're shooting for half an hour max per round. That's 3 games times 8 minutes per game plus a bit of padding. Most games don't take the full 8 minutes, and once everyone is ready we go to the next round immediately instead of waiting. If there are delays, a round might take longer.

The number of rounds depends on the number of players. Last time we had 24 players and 7 rounds. If we get 33 players (or more), we'll need 8 rounds. So in theory, it should take 3.5 to 4 hours, max.

Last time, there were some technical difficulties with the site (it crashed), so the first few rounds were delayed significantly. The total tournament time (not including signup) was about 5 hours. We're pretty sure it will be faster this time.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
THOSE ARE YOUR STAGES?????? I LOVE YOU!!!!

Really I ******* love you.

I mean it. say the word and we're off to Vegas!

EDIT: SERIOUSLY this is too good to be true for a mk user.
I'm not sure I follow you. MK wins on every stage. lol

We're still taking feedback on the stages. In particular, there has been a lot of debate over whether Lylat Cruise should be a neutral. That's why you get a neutral stage ban in addition to a counterpick stage ban.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
We're shooting for half an hour max per round. That's 3 games times 8 minutes per game plus a bit of padding. Most games don't take the full 8 minutes, and once everyone is ready we go to the next round immediately instead of waiting. If there are delays, a round might take longer.

The number of rounds depends on the number of players. Last time we had 24 players and 7 rounds. If we get 33 players (or more), we'll need 8 rounds. So in theory, it should take 3.5 to 4 hours, max.

Last time, there were some technical difficulties with the site (it crashed), so the first few rounds were delayed significantly. The total tournament time (not including signup) was about 5 hours. We're pretty sure it will be faster this time.
Ok, sounds good.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
Distant Planet +MK = Instant Win

No skill required. and they can't ban it or you'll go rainbow cruise.

too good.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
Distant Planet +MK = Instant Win

No skill required. and they can't ban it or you'll go rainbow cruise.

too good.
I haven't heard this before, and nobody I asked had either. If MK on Distant Planet is really that good, then use it to win the tournament and we'll ban it next time.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
The tournament has started and signup is over! On fsmash.org, set your status to Online and check the Tournament Discussion channel!

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
The tournament is over. Congrats to the winners!

Top 3:
  1. dabuz
  2. The S Word
  3. AvengingTheKnight

We finished all 7 rounds in less than 3 hours. Thanks to everyone who helped it go smoothly.

AvengingTheKnight proved that Distant Planet is too good, so it'll be banned next time. lol

Edit: Forgot to mention, the entire bracket is available on fsmash.org.

Top Bottom