• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frozen stages

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Word on the street says that transformations suck. But there are several forms that might work competitively if frozen.

Caste Siege 1:
image.jpg

A smaller version of skyloft.

Frigate Orpheon 2:
image.jpg

Legit metroid stage *_*

PS1: Grass
image.jpg

Wide, untraditional triplatform layout.
This could have a texture change to make it look even more original. (Like Link's sword stuck in a rock, with a beautiful landscape in the background.)

I also love castle siege 3 but having no platforms + tilting will probably won't be considered because Lylat got it removed and FD already exists.

So, would you like to have these stages around for tourneys?

Last edited:

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
I've said the second one should be done for a long time, but truth be told there are already too many stages. The middle one is the only one I'd consider for the interesting effect it might have of nerfing some projectile spacing games, but I feel some stages would have to be dropped first. Like Distant Planet. Can we delete that one please?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Frigate Orpheon 2 is pretty close to Halberd, but it'd be a neat option. Great stock music there too iirc.

I know I'm the odd man out on this, but I'd like to see more variety in competitive stage design so I'm all for this in principle. Castle Siege isn't bad - or invert the floor heights on Skyloft and lower the right side platform (relative to the floor) for a similar but larger result. PS1 grass would be pretty cool.

As stage criticism goes, I'd rather see Lylat and Metal Cavern tweaked. Distant Planet is fine.

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Frigate Orpheon 2 is pretty close to Halberd, but it'd be a neat option. Great stock music there too iirc.

I know I'm the odd man out on this, but I'd like to see more variety in competitive stage design so I'm all for this in principle. Castle Siege isn't bad - or invert the floor heights on Skyloft and lower the right side platform (relative to the floor) for a similar but larger result. PS1 grass would be pretty cool.

As stage criticism goes, I'd rather see Lylat and Metal Cavern tweaked. Distant Planet is fine.
Halberd is very different from FO2 plus is banned.

I agree, we need more variety. But it can only get better.

MasterMar

Smash Rookie
While I don't really like Castle Siege 1 (way too small imo), I really like the other two.

The only problem is that, as FakeKraid said, there are already too many stages. While I don't necessarily agree with that, adding more stages would only increase the amount a TO could choose from, not the amount of stages you could pick in a tournament. Some tournaments are already cutting out some legal stages like Metal Cavern and Yoshi's Island, and other already balanced stages like Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle were never used.

Until TOs start increasing the amount of legal stages able to be used in a tournament, adding more legal stages would be near pointless.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
While I don't really like Castle Siege 1 (way too small imo), I really like the other two.

The only problem is that, as FakeKraid said, there are already too many stages. While I don't necessarily agree with that, adding more stages would only increase the amount a TO could choose from, not the amount of stages you could pick in a tournament. Some tournaments are already cutting out some legal stages like Metal Cavern and Yoshi's Island, and other already balanced stages like Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle were never used.

Until TOs start increasing the amount of legal stages able to be used in a tournament, adding more legal stages would be near pointless.
I agree that we already have too many stages, but they could be less similar to each other.

For the record, Hyrule is too big. The right side is a small cave of life and characters like Sonic, Fox, CF, etc. can circle camp most of the roster.

And Peach's Castle is camptastic. The player that dares to cross to the opponent's side ends in a great disadvantage.

Top Bottom