• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From Sm4sh to Melee

ICY

Smash Rookie
Hi there, i created this post because i'm an active Sm4sh player and also i want to play more Melee (even if in my country the scene is really small) and i have problems when i play like the basic stuff: movement, buffering attacks...

I want to know if there's a useful tip or something that can help me to "move freely" in the game without commiting those issues, thanks :)

EasilyDistracted54

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2363-5722-4046
I'm not entirely sure about anything you can really do, other then playing more often and just getting used to how the movement feels. Time is what you need.
Just play more often, you should get used to it eventually.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Practice dash dancing into wavedash into immediate dash dance again and so on... There's a lot of stuff but that is possibly the most melee'esque of movement options.

ICY

Smash Rookie
I'm not entirely sure about anything you can really do, other then playing more often and just getting used to how the movement feels. Time is what you need.
Just play more often, you should get used to it eventually.
I just want to adapt to the game for improving and play at a high level, but without this welp... nope haha

EasilyDistracted54

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2363-5722-4046
I just want to adapt to the game for improving and play at a high level, but without this welp... nope haha
Do what Ace said about dash dancing and wavedashing, that should help you get used to the movement. I remember not being able to wavedash, or move fluently, I just played alot and focused on both of those aspects, instead of focusing on winning focus on improving your movement.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Movement is extremely important in this game. Without it, you won't be able to dodge attacks that you should be able to. Also, practice your bread and butter combos: Falcon's stomp to knee, Pikachu's falling uair to upsmash, Fox's uthrow to uair, etc.

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
One thing to watch out for is that in Melee, a lot less things can be buffered, so that could catch you off guard, as inputs can be much more strict.

Top Bottom