• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From Sakurai - There will be NO Downloadable Content!

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
I'm at the GDC today and I went to his session (I'll post about it later but nothing really that interesting was talked about). However, after the tournament I went up to him before he left and asked in Japanese if there'd be future downloadable content. He said that since the Wii doesn't have a harddrive, there will be no downloadable content. Even if people think you can do it with SD cards or whatever, that doesn't seem to be the case - he was very certain in his answer.

That is all.
Wasn't tFox's source CERTAIN about the mewtwo/Roy rumor?

Shark X

Smash Lord
Because mewtwo was bad
Your point? Alot of characters were bad, but most of them are still in.

Even still, Sakuri could of improved him, like he supposibly did Kirby, one of Melee's worse characters. Guess what he did with Kirby. He didn't remove Kirby because he was bad. He improved him instead. The same thing could of been done with Mewtwo.

As far as Brawls roster goes, I'm fine. Got most characters I wanted, the rest I could hope for in SSB 4. The two things that upsets me are Toon Link (waste of space), and lack of Mewtwo. So I'm not complaining about the roster. I'm complaining about those two and those two only. Mewtwo wasn't bad, Sakuri's treatment of the Mewtwo fans was bad.

And when the game was ripped, Mewtwo was apparently found as a originally playable character until half the data was removed. My only hope was the other hald of that data would of been downloadable. Now thats screwed.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh, if only someone could have asked him about Mewtwo/Roy since we know they got far (especially Mewtwo). Oh well, but thats pretty cool that you got to talk to him directly heh.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
Your point? Alot of characters were bad, but most of them are still in.

Even still, Sakuri could of improved him, like he supposibly did Kirby, one of Melee's worse characters. Guess what he did with Kirby. He didn't remove Kirby because he was bad. He improved him instead. The same thing could of been done with Mewtwo.

As far as Brawls roster goes, I'm fine. Got most characters I wanted, the rest I could hope for in SSB 4. The two things that upsets me are Toon Link (waste of space), and lack of Mewtwo. So I'm not complaining about the roster. I'm complaining about those two and those two only. Mewtwo wasn't bad, Sakuri's treatment of the Mewtwo fans was bad.

Treatment? What treatment? I think he's treating you pretty well by comming back to nintendo to work his *** off and make a 3rd SSB game(even after he left nintendo)

And Kirby wasnt removed because he's one of the original 64 characters.

Also, Mewtwo wasnt down right removed, he was replaced by Lucario.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
'Chi is without a doubt fluent in Japanese. If I were to trust anyone to speak with Sakurai, it would be Kokichi. We have absolutely no reason to doubt his encounter with Sakurai-san. Kinda sad, but at least Brawl will be a great game in its own right.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because mewtwo was bad
Seriosuly, that was Melee. This is a diffrent game, you moron! Mewtwo was the most positively responded NEWCOMER with Melee, and I think he was cut JUST BECAUSE HE SUCKED IN MELEE! AFTER PEOPLE REALIZED HE SUCKED IN MELEE, THEY STOPPED PLAYING HIM! I think Marth, Sheik, and so on were kept because they were good, and Sakurai is a tier-*****.

All you got to do to Mewtwo is upgrade him graphically a little, fix all his hitboxes and make them bigger, make his neutral B NOT KNOCK HIM BACK, and do the same damage, but be a super KO move, make him weigh more then Ganondorf, same speed, make him able to fly, and still floaty, make his forward B psybeam (a charged shot forward), and his down B his bubble thing, and his final smash a psychic explosion. Please, he'd be easy to make. I'd personally would make him if I had to, in all honesty.

Treatment? What treatment? I think he's treating you pretty well by comming back to nintendo to work his *** off and make a 3rd SSB game(even after he left nintendo)

And Kirby wasnt removed because he's one of the original 64 characters.

Also, Mewtwo wasnt down right removed, he was replaced by Lucario.
Please. If Sakurai didn't make another smash bros. title, he'd never make money again in HIS LIFE! He'd continue making minor titles for all eternity. He'd be making minor title after minor title. Sakurai is making BANK with Brawl, just like he did with Melee and smash 64.

Mewtwo wasn't replaced. Lucario has the aura sphere which is similar to the shadow ball, and a somewhat similar down air. THAT'S IT! That's hardly a replacement. Compare their popularity, and there is NO COMPARISON! Mewtwo has made Nintendo more money then any Pokémon that isn't a 1st generation starter (including Pikachu), and maybe Jigglypuff, with his two movies, merchandise, and being probably the second to fourth most popular Pokémon EVER! (if Charizard and Jigglypuff are more popular then him) Lucario deserves his spot in Brawl as now the pretty much official 4th generation Pokémon representative.

Mewtwo was cut probably because Sakurai is a Melee tier-*****. Why else would Sakurai keep a minor character in a minor game compared to the large scale franchise (Shiek from the Legend of Zelda), and get rid of the strongest character, and one of the most popular character in a MUCH LARGER FRANCHISE=??? Point proven.

I would say Melee tiers don exits in Brawl, but Sakurai killed it with removing generally low and bottom tier characters. If Mewtwo wasn't going to return, Sheik shouldn't have.

And Aeris, anyone with a brain knows the Wii has a harddrive. That is where this is a doubt, as well as Nintendo doing something behind his back (hopefully). :cool:

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Well, hopefully with Nintendo announcing DLC his decision might be overturned due to pressure by higher-ups. However, they did say that the DLC is for 'future' Wii games, not current ones. And, as someone already mentioned, the game as it is right now is not designed to be able to download new characters. They'd have to severely patch the game to put that option in. Realistically, it's impossible. Sakurai has no need to make more characters for it.

Top Bottom