• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frodo'd! (Gale Boomerang Kill)

Squirtle the Master

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone has discovered this, but here's an interesting replay of me killing with Gale Boomerang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82HY4x1A658

Anyway, I have no idea how this happened but I was fighting my brother and just for lolz I decided to use Link and play like Frodo (thats how this got its name). A REALLY REALLY bad smasher (his Link anyway, his R.O.B. is decent), he's probably a random scrub. Anyway, I've tested and tried doing it again but I can only make them move small distances. I have 2 theories. If Link is getting attacked when the Gale Boomerang drags the opponent, it will drag them greater distances. Second theory is that it has something to do with Marth's Side-B. I was just using Link for joke purposes and this was completely unintentional. I know the quality is bad, but I have the match re-played so I will probably record a higher quality version soon. Anyway, hopefully this gives Link some potential. If someone has already discovered this, then I will remove this video. ...Now just if I could make a discovery for Kirby.

EDIT: I think I figured it out (haven't tested again though), because Marth is still in the animation of his Side-B, he can't escape the tornado thus leading to his death.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
actually that is a glitch but shouldn't happen at Battlefield. Plus, if it was in the animation of his side-b, why did he go so far and so fast? That doesn't make to much sense. but hey, probably hard to explain for anyone.

Squirtle the Master

Smash Cadet
But shouldn't happen at Battlefield? Which stages should it happen on and has it been done before? Would it be legal in tourneys?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
It's happens at Pictochat. When Marth does his last attack of his side b (no down b or up b, just all side b) and the drawing dissapears under him, he goes flying forward. Look for it on youtube.

Top Bottom