• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frigate Orpheon Discussion

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
The best part of this update is that it confirms that Japanese game developers haven't forgotten about the Metroid Prime subseries. Going by the theory of "one stage per character", I can easily see this being Samus's homestage (with Ridley's being Norfair), with the potential third Metroid rep (Dark Samus) having Phaaze as her homestage.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
AMAZING! My new favorite stage! the update I have been waiting for! I LOVE IT!

I think the stage IS potentially WHAT metroid needs for Brawl. A stage UNLIKE the others. no rising lava, no yellow acid. Although...it does resemble the one in Melee, that rotates. But it's great none the less

The lights shut off...AWESOME new feature, you can still see your characters though! LOVE it

Now...when it's rotating...HOW do you make it? It looks nearly impossible judging by the pics in the update. Pit, he'll make it easilly. But what of those such as Yoshi? Sure, he can now rise a little bit with his egg toss, but not enough! Almost...unfair?

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
But if it were only 1 stage per character, does that mean another Metroid rep will be included?...*cough Ridley *cough
YES. JUST YES.

Norfair: Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was. There was a lot of lava, and it seemed like a rather hot area.

Could that mean?

Samus = Frigate Orpheon
Ridley = Norfair

???

ironmanATL

Smash Rookie
Oh my goodness, it's a Metroid Prime stage, and there's no lava! It's not even in a cave! And it's even my favorite of the series, Metroid Prime 1! Sweet.

Oh, and just to be cynical, it's probably based on the first level in MP1 because no one it Japan bothered to get any farther. ;)

Word on that! I think that happened to a lot o' folks (including me), cause the Chozo Ruins are BOOOORRRRIINNGG. the orpheon level is awesome, though

Stryks

Smash Hero
Word on that! I think that happened to a lot o' folks (including me), cause the Chozo Ruins are BOOOORRRRIINNGG. the orpheon level is awesome, though
Chozo ruins boring? wow sux to be you, the game is like perfect, its too awesome...
anyway this update is full of win, sure I didnt like the 180 defrees thing, but NO LAVA?! WIN!!

Scrubs

Smash Lord
This stage doesn't mean that Ridley is confirmed. There are so many Ridley fan boys.....

I think the stage will invert reasonably quickly. A stage where everyone except those with multiple jumps dies would be pretty lame. I don't think Sakurai would agree with a stage like that.

I think this stage replaced Brinstar Depths from Melee because of the obvious similarities. There's a boss in the background and it rotates.

He means where does he stand on the stage. A lot of them don't seem friendly for a guy that stands in the background. Maybe he'll have a flying pokemon or moving platform.
The background distance isn't set. He can be pretty close if the stage platforms are small. Observe:

Machete

Smash Ace
I'd like to see this stage, maybe we'll get more Prime representation (Dark Samus playable, plasma breath as one of Ridley's moves, maybe a cool boss for SSE (Metroid Prime), Assist Trophies (Ing, GF Trooper, Hunters...) , Meta and Omega Ridley as Ridley's alt colors and hopefully Space Pirates with his MP1 dessign).

And now, I'm waiting for a Aether/Dark Aether stage.

Although I'd prefer to see Phendrana. I mean... Orpheon is a Ridley's frigate; and he already has Norfair. But well, this stage is cool. And maybe something similar to Phendrana could be made using the stage editor.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
To all suggesting phendrana, I wouldnt bet on it anymore with the Ice climbers stage in. In fact, due to lack of Ice Climbers music, I wouldnt be surprised to hear Phendrana on the ice climbers stage itself as a my music.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I definitely like the Metroid Prime rep.
I wish there was a Metroid stage without some sort of major stage hazard
Sorry to break it to you guys.... This doesn't mean Ridley is confirmed.
Also, don't get your hopes up I don't think this means a slew of new Metroid info will be revealed anytime soon.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
A bold reply for someone who completely missed the point. The fact is, we already have an icy level. There is really only one main Ice Climber theme, so what will the My Music be for that level besides the native music? I'm guessing Phendrana and other nintendo snow level themes.
I got your point fine. Notice I never said anything about wanting or expecting a Phendrana stage, so I wasn't concerned about that at all. I was just showing you that there is indeed music for The Summit after you claimed there wasn't, and was just trying to advise you to check the Dojo often before making such claims.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
To all suggesting phendrana, I wouldnt bet on it anymore with the Ice climbers stage in. In fact, due to lack of Ice Climbers music, I wouldnt be surprised to hear Phendrana on the ice climbers stage itself as a my music.
Key words "MY MUSIC", Dark paladin. The phrase "lack of Ice Climbers music" just meant total quantity. Look up how many different themes there are in Ice Climbers. Not many.

Key words "MY MUSIC", Dark paladin. The phrase "lack of Ice Climbers music" just meant total quantity. Look up how many different themes there are in Ice Climbers. Not many.
Well that's just not very likely at all. Ice Climbers would sooner take music from unrepresented franchises like Balloon Fighter. They did that in Melee. But putting music from a fairly represented series into theirs solely because they have ice and snow in them wouldn't happen. It's like putting a Bowser's Castle theme into Norfair.

MasterFeint

Smash Cadet
Good update. I like the way it flips, which adds, once again, to the aerial combat Sakurai wanted. The lights going out is kind of cool. I'm just curious to know how often it flips. If its too fast it may inturrupt the match.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Good update. I like the way it flips, which adds, once again, to the aerial combat Sakurai wanted. The lights going out is kind of cool. I'm just curious to know how often it flips. If its too fast it may inturrupt the match.
Crimity. If its too fast it will interrupt the match? Of course it will interrupt the match. It shifts the focus from fighting to survival, or both if you have enough gumption.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE YOUR SIG! IT IS VERY KICK ***:chuckle:

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
lol brings back memories, it was the only stage i finished b4 my metroid game blew up and the only stage ive ever played on from a metroid game, but the stage looks sort of boring and why another metroid stage? im waiting for the sonic one T___T

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
I'm not too worried about the flipping, since all the characters are "more floaty" in brawl than they were in melee. I really hope Falco makes a return with his spike-on-contact move ^_^, he would love this stage!

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
gratz, anti-lava thread

Not only did that threads dreams come to fruition, but FINALLY prime existence in brawl :rotfl:

This is a good thing :chuckle:. TY sakurai!

This place looks really great, and the inversion seems to only take a few seconds, so no more kraid flashbacks O.o...

And if ridley does become a playable... We will probably confront him here in SE, or even if he's just a boss.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Kinda disappointed.
I wanted to see a Dark Aether world, with light crystals and all, but since we've already seen 2 Metroid stages my hopes are dwindling.
But still, a sweet stage, and I'm glad the Prime series is starting to get the respect it deserves.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord

Bajef8

Smash Ace
i'm so happy a good metroid stage has been announced with no lava. and it doesn;t seem like the rotation will be slwo to me. it will probably be pretty fast so it's not to unfair to people like ike or something.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but if you look at the different screens, you'll see that the small platforms on the one half attach and detach from the main platform and move all around it. Discuss.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
What I meant was, when the stage flips upside down, what does the Pokemon Trainer do? Does he stand back by the parasite queen? Does he flip upside down?

EDIT: Also, what does he do on the other Metroid level when the lava wave comes through? Is he just okay with being immersed in a sea of fire?

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
What I meant was, when the stage flips upside down, what does the Pokemon Trainer do? Does he stand back by the parasite queen? Does he flip upside down?

EDIT: Also, what does he do on the other Metroid level when the lava wave comes through? Is he just okay with being immersed in a sea of fire?
The same thing he'll do when any of the other stages move around, I guess. What that is, though, I don't know. As for Norfair... he probably jumps into the shelter on his own.

Top Bottom