• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friends of Villager (team up)

Bluntson McDeckington

Smash Rookie
Hey fellas, just figured I'd start a discussion about who we all prefer to be our teammate when we are playing as Villager.

I find Palutena is just great to have my back, or if I want to cover my friends when they are Villager. I mean reflect reflect reflect. What I like about her is the ability to shove opponents into many of Villager's attacks and also the ability to sit behind Villager and keep enemies at bay while a big bad tree gets planted. To me she seems much more a defensive player than not and her momoveset caters particularly well to the Almighty Villager.

While I have decided I love her as a partner i came across this love unintentionally being paired with a random person in team battle. I have yet to find a character that works quite this well with Villager and I would really like to know your opinion. (obviously a double Villager team kills it)

What say you, sisters and brothers?

Last edited:

captain clutch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch_Captain
3DS FC
4167-5308-5514
My younger brother has picked up Kirby, and I must say the Kirby+Villager team is amazing and fun. At the start of the match, I roll into him (unless on battlefield) to give him my pocket ability. The fact that Villager shoots upwards as a star makes him a hitbox, so it's hard to punish Kirby getting the copy ability (we actually got a kill from that once). Then it's pocketpalooza and incredibly fun.

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
What I've found is that a good Little Mac is an absolutely amazing partner to have on your side. The two compliment each well by covering one another's weaknesses where villager plays a strong trap game and mac plays a strong punish game. Villager excels in forcing opponents into bad situations and mac is able to capitalize on this. Moreso villager is able to cover the air game pretty handily even being able to spare lloids to cover mac from afar if separated. However this brings up the teams biggest flaw and that's the glassy nature of Mac that's exemplified by being able to be double teamed, as well as villagers slow ground speed which makes covering mac difficult when blasted far away. If you're going to pilot this team from either role your primary focus will come down to covering your partner and not letting your opponents open you up.

Beanie!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItMeBeanie
3DS FC
0232-8522-8662
I like having either :4myfriends:, :4falcon:, :4fox:, or :4lucario: on teams with me. They're heavier, harder hitters that can help me kill, or set me up for Trees, Fsmashes, or Usmashes. Lucario's a generally good team player because of his Aura/stupid rage mechanic meaning he can stocktank. Of course having :4villagerf: :4villager: on your team is also amazing.

Wyles

Smash Cadet
Villager and villager is broken. But my doubles partner is a mega main and have him by my side for those fully charged fsmashes. We won a local tourney with em.

Zensay

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zensay
+1 vote for characters like Fox as a teammate. Reflect, speed, and kill power all compliment Villager quite well. Being medium or shorter height helps with sling shot zoning. Having someone with out a laggy grab is nice too. With Villager recovery and ranged harassment I often wind up being the stock tank with out trying too hard. My friend and I found Marth to be a poor partner as its much easier to get in each others way and fast characters with projectiles that typically aren't worth pocketing like Sheik, Fox, and Greninja can get in quite easily.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Lucario, PACMAN, Rosalina or Villager are the best teammate i think

I posted this on the video thread, maybe you didn't see it:

I want to do 4 or 5 videos like this with the best teammates for villager.

Last edited:
Top Bottom