• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friendly Vids: Help me be betterer

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Me playing Luigi against Crispyone's Falcon, Fox, and Falco.

There may have been more recorded after that I dunno, I stopped watching.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1751496

7 seconds is when i find out were recording.

there's like 7 or 8 matches.

i know i need to capitalize more when edgeguarding and learn to recover when off the stage.

workin on it

Critique me please.

(vid quality is kinda bad and so am i)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I think your tech skill is there. You need to work on making the right decisions.

You seem to really like Luigi's air game. Against mediocre Players, the air game can work, however against the better players, you get punished. Luigi has nowhere to go when he leaves the ground. He has very little horizontal movement in the air.

You should work on wavedashing out of shield more and to cut down on the rolling a little bit. Another thing to be aware of is your shield grab timing. Being able to correctly time shield stun and grab asap is a useful tool against hit and run characters. Downtilt has little practical applications. I reserve it solely for edge guarding.

Keep up the good work.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
You've got a nice grasp on some Luigi basics, which is good. I'd like to see you get faster with more wavedashes and platform wavelanding.

Grabs. Try getting grabs from behind your opponent. This can be done fairly easily with wavedashes. My favorite method is to wavedash at them, jab once or twice, wavedash again behind them and run back and JC grab.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Thanks guys.

the shield grab thing is true. in my red eyed state i constantly whiff grabs that wouldn't have wiffed 20 frames sooner.

and yeah, grabbing period seems to be a big part of winning with luigi vs all characters.

Top Bottom