• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

friendlies with ally

pastaboy

Smash Champion
hhahahaha i dont know why im posting these,They are onlyt friendlies so they dont hold much credibility, but i need help with snake match up, i have no knowledge or idea what works/what doesnt work. What are some things that i should avoid or start doing. For some reason my biggest problem is getting the kill! Anobody with exesive snake knowledge help me out. Thnx

friendly 1

friendly 2

friendly 3 lol i learned from this match never try to barrel spike a snake while he's doing his sypher-you'll just gimp yourself

friendly 4

friendly 5

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
ya killing snake really is hard with diddy. you have to get those spikes down. Dont forget you can grab him out of the cypher too if he comes in low.

Save those smashes you gotta keep them fresh if you want to kill snake. Use throws instead of smashes after all naner follow ups unless your trying to ko or its early in the stock.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I remember versing Ally in the GB vs AiB war, I had to kill him once because OCC got him down to one stock when I had 3. I got him to 60% in about 20 seconds and that was eventually turned into 180% because I couldn't kill him, and not because I diminished my smashes, I just couldm't hit him and then the evil Utilt hit him, and right when I came off the respawn platform thing I baired him and he died >.<.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
the sauce boss, grabing snake out of his sypher does not work-well not against high level snake players. becuase. 1, u grab, they air dodge, they back air u to the face. AND if u manage to grab them, they will still make it back alive, they can just c4 themselves back to the stage.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Bair???? you should be able to shield the back air, which if they do that it will leave them in lag and I doubt they will live thru it, and if they c4 you have an easy setup for a spike.

What else your going to do if they come in that low? I guess smash if there at KO% goes without saying but think about it,

Lets say there not at KO%::: if you get the grab you get the grab jab damage + c4 damage + plus STILL a chance of dair/fair KO'ing them, rather than just the like 16% you will get from the smash attack.

Well worth it IMO.

edit: and wait a minute they wouldnt even be facing the right way for a bair wtf?

ADHD

Smash Hero
the sauce boss, grabing snake out of his sypher does not work-well not against high level snake players. becuase. 1, u grab, they air dodge, they back air u to the face. AND if u manage to grab them, they will still make it back alive, they can just c4 themselves back to the stage.
They will still take the c4 damage, so its all good. You can get lucky and spike him if the c4 blows him up towards you.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Bair???? you should be able to shield the back air, which if they do that it will leave them in lag and I doubt they will live thru it, and if they c4 you have an easy setup for a spike.

What else your going to do if they come in that low? I guess smash if there at KO% goes without saying but think about it,

Lets say there not at KO%::: if you get the grab you get the grab jab damage + c4 damage + plus STILL a chance of dair/fair KO'ing them, rather than just the like 16% you will get from the smash attack.

Well worth it IMO.

edit: and wait a minute they wouldnt even be facing the right way for a bair wtf?
bair has a big hitbox
thats how he gimps me wen im recoverign with rocket barrel blast. he will fats fall the bair and it will cause my rockets to disperse. tip-dont go off the edge

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yup, Chrome is right. They still take the damage from the c4 explosion and you might have a spike set up. Also, if they have a C4 out then they can't activate it, deploy another one and blow it up in time so if they have one out it's great for grabbing. There's also the chance that they mess it up because you can't plant the c4 right away or you'll go too far outwards.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
bair has a big hitbox
thats how he gimps me wen im recoverign with rocket barrel blast. he will fats fall the bair and it will cause my rockets to disperse. tip-dont go off the edge
you do realize on a cypher grab release he wont even be facing the right way for a bair? So idk what you are talking about just general stuff about recovering?

pastaboy

Smash Champion
i said that if u go to grab him out of the sypher-he is going to air dodge, hes going to be expecting u do attempt a grab so he is one step ahead of you. all i was saying was after the air dodge he will proboly do a bair.

ADHD

Smash Hero
i said that if u go to grab him out of the sypher-he is going to air dodge, hes going to be expecting u do attempt a grab so he is one step ahead of you. all i was saying was after the air dodge he will proboly do a bair.
So grab him anyway, free hit XD

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
hhahahaha i dont know why im posting these,They are onlyt friendlies so they dont hold much credibility, but i need help with snake match up, i have no knowledge or idea what works/what doesnt work. What are some things that i should avoid or start doing. For some reason my biggest problem is getting the kill! Anobody with exesive snake knowledge help me out. Thnx

friendly 1

friendly 2

friendly 3 lol i learned from this match never try to barrel spike a snake while he's doing his sypher-you'll just gimp yourself

friendly 4

friendly 5
As friendlies they weren't too competitive yet they were fun to watch

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
snake's attack range is one of diddy's weaknesses (and so is the snake-dash). It's hard to take on a snake player who is adapted to camping and cqc (close quarter combat). Chromepirate is right though about grabing and snake c4-ing himself. Try taking advantage in the air rather than depending on diddy's glide tossing. Snakes are more dangerous on the ground (he's a snake) than in the air.

Uffe

Smash Hero
All I can say is when Snake is off the stage and has to use his Cypher, take the opportunity to grab him, even if he can C4 himself back to the stage. Doing that not only helps him return, but he's also having to hurt himself in the process. If anything, I didn't see you playing too aggressively like I normally see in Diddy Kong mains. Plus, I noticed during the matches, Ally blocks too much. Grab him. Another thing I noticed is that you kept running into his attacks. I've fought some Diddy Kong mains and they do that Banana glide tossing thing on me a lot and it works, even if I do shield. Want to know why? Because even though their Banana was blocked by my shield, they now see a chance to grab me. You should do the same.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
its rlllly hard to go aggresive against ally or any snake, there r too many things you have to watch out for so you cant be spammy and agressive.
I should grab more <_< come to think of it using/abusing the diddy hump would work extremly well on a snake who shields alot.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
my friend luis (random luis/the luis) mains snake and as a diddy main i can say snake does not pose a threat if you keep these things in mind.

- ftilt. very predictible once ur close enough he will ftilt. if ur spaced accordingly just either stand a few feet back or do a retreating gt. thats one free combo and free punish
- if he notices u dashing alot he WILL lay down gernades for u to mess up on so instead of dash attacking to grab bananas or to attack in general SH everything including throws it can create some good mind games too and this should stop a snakes defensive style.
- up-b...usually all snakes do the same thing with their upB. they mid jump upwards and up-B at an angle at the highest point in the stage. the set-up? prepare for an airdodge bair (his head will hit u if hes facing towards u) or a downb as hes landing to stop u from approaching. to fix this just let him land and punish. though if u want to be aggresive and take chances go after him in the air immediately and start humping/fair/bair/dair w.e it takes to take him out of cypher.
-c4 recovery. most snakes will do this just make sure to force him to waste it :3 otherwise just expect it and punish accordingly when he uses it in midair aka FREE SPIKE if he doesnt kill himself.
-few snakes instead of ftiltin will use dtilt as a way to stop approaches so again just SH him :p
- when ur in the air and for sure hes gonna nikita u can fair the nikita and actually safely return to stage or if u have a banana in ur hand throw it at the nikita or simply air dodge it. dont let a smart snake hit u with that.
- aaa spam. very easily punishable. 3rd hit is easily power shielded when timed right and u can punish there after.
- uptilt. most expect kill move. just dodge well and space well is all i can say to stop this.
- mortar slide= free grab for j00

most of what i said is actually easily done than said believe or not. snakes a fast heavy but diddy is just way to fastfor snake to keep up with him on the ground so just punish like crazeh!

btw dude ur matches were fun to watch i liked how u attempted to barrel spike :3 sometimes it works but watch out if it doesnt O-o

Top Bottom