• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friend Codes Optional!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But not really.

Mario’s new Soccer game, Mario Strikers, due out in Europe on the 25th of May, is going to be the first wifi game, and some info on how the Wifi is going to work give some interesting posibilities for Super Smash Bros Brawl.<!--more-->

First and foremost, Friend Codes. They’re “optional.” You can play online as much as you want without them, but only with people in your region. Want to take on some random guy from Japan? Not happening. Unless you have his friend code.

And how many can play online? Concidering the game’s designed for 2v2, you shouldn’t be suprised (though I’m sure glad to hear) that you can go online with your friend on the one console. This should be very cool to me, I’ve always loved co-op, and if it also works with Smash Bros Brawl, hopefully we’ll see team matches online. And from what I understand, you will also be able to do these 2 player matches on both Ranked and Unranked. (Yes, I started that sentance with “and.” Cringe english majors!)<!--more-->

SpendusWorks

Smash Rookie
I don’t care how you play with people, as long as Brawl is online. That’s all I really care about!

H

Harley

I think smash bros will be pretty flexible when it comes to online play.. This is most probably why its taking them so long to create the game..

This means were going to be able to challenge not only 2 on 2 but 1 outsider challenger with 3 players on the one wii. Or visa versa

B

Branden

When will online come out? Will it be ready i time for mario striker?

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
This is odd. I’m fairly certain that Pokemon Battle Revolution was supposed to be our (NA’s) first online title, but Strikers release will predate it by at least a month. And for the life of me, I can’t find any release date for Strikers outside of the European May 25th. Does this mean that we’ll get it some time before then, or will we miss it for a while and Pokemon will still be NA’s first online title?

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, very interesting! O_O

This gives me hope that Brawl’s online play won’t completely suck. And playing doubles teamed with a friend on one system should be a blast! ^_^

I can only hope that lag won’t be a huge problem.

M

MisterSinister

Lag in games like Jump Ultimate Stars is absolutely ridiculous. If it’s anything like that…then things will be messy to say the least.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Khorsan, you’re right. Strikers is coming out in the UK (and Australia, June 7th) before America gets ahold of it, and Pokemon battle.

L

lilko

man i just cant wait till brawl gets out
(p.s:if u still cant wait for brawl to come out go to agame.com to supersmashbros.flash)

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Rats. I was hoping that there was something crazy, but it looks like I’m outta luck until whenever it’s released in America/Canada/etc.

And the co-op idea has me stoked too. The Wii could really use stuff like that, and this would make a good start (albeit we’re waiting a few months for everyone to get a hold of it).

D

DMOODS

I have listened to all of your wonderful responses and they are all good but when brawl can go online you have to matchmake(look for people to fight) and you should be able to choose between 1 on 1, 2 on 2, or free 4 all. And how will items be used online? Will players have to agree on the items they want used in the battle or will they just not use items online? If items were used, some people would just use the items to their advantage. Such as using potions, poke balls , beam swords, homerun bats etc. So in conclusion items should not be used on wifi in this spectacular game that has yet to be announced.

__ __ O O O O O O
\ \ /\ / / O O O O
\ \ / \ / / O O O O O O
\ \ / \ / / _____ _____
\ \ / /\ \ / / | | | |
——————– | | | |
\ / \ / | | | |
\ / \ / |____ | |____|

D

DMOODS

__ __ O O O O O O
\ \ /\ / / O O O O
\ \ / \ / / O O O O O O
\ \ / \ / / _____ _____
\ \ / /\ \ / / | | | |
——————– | | | |
\ / \ / | | | |
\ / \ / |____ | |____|

A

Aaron

are you an alien DMOODS. because those ******** signs look like a freakin alien language.

Top Bottom