• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frenemy Fighters

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
You probably main your character because you both like their play style, and you can rack up wins with them. However, in the case of some characters, you could be really good using them, but just don't like them. What are you guy's frenemies?

For me, it's definately :4ryu:. I can rack up combos pretty good, but I just feel stiff and tense while playing him.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
Most of the characters because i know what they can do and how to do it but i just can't because they just don't feel right.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
:4peach: She's got some really awesome stuff, but I'm just not that good at pulling it off consistently. Plus it seems like the best way to play her optimally is by assigning a shoulder button to jump. No thanks.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I feel like :4corrin:'s a natural fit for me, while my Corrin is not better than my :4jigglypuff:, if I did end up abandoning her and/or used him as even just a secondary I'm sure he'd eclipse her very quickly. Which sucks because it also happens to be that Corrin was the second or third character I least wanted to see get in Smash during speculation (only behind other Fire Emblem characters of course) because I was already annoyed with Fire Emblem's over-representation before his inclusion.

Xandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
xandrasmash
:4robinm: is mine. I can pull off his moves and I'm decent with him, but I feel stiff playing him, like I just don't flow with him as well as I do :4corrin: or :4marth:. He's fun to play, don't get me wrong but it's almost like I have to focus more because I'm constantly unsure of what to do? His move set just doesn't click with me. I still play him, though.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Ness and Lucas, I just have never gotten used to playing them. I prefer characters that can get back to the stage easier like Jigglypuff and Peach.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Pikachu is pretty much my secondary even though I refuse to admit it to myself. I don't really have much trouble with quick attack or rar thunder, I have a good handle on his combos, and I like playing small characters. But in spite of all of that, there's something about him that I absolutely hate to the point where I'm constantly dropping him in favor of finding someone else. Still, I love the combo he and Alph make so I always end up coming back to him. I guess I'm just hoping someday I'll learn to have fun with him cause I really do want to learn him.

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
For me it's Cloud. I like Cloud as a character, love Final Fantasy, and his playstyle is pretty fun. My problem with Cloud is he stops being fun if you try to put a lot of work into him. It feels like I'm just going through the motions, so it's really hard to keep a fluid mindset in the game, which is a problem I don't have with Fox and Marth.

Top Bottom