• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freezing Power - Rundas for Brawl!

Dilophosaurus Rex

Smash Cadet
Rundas is a boss character in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I think he would be a viable option for a playable character in Brawl, due to him being one of the few noteworthy sidekick characters. Granted, he does save Samus' life quite a few times in MP3. Plus, he's pretty popular. He's probably the most noteworthy sidekick in the Metroid series.

Picture of Rundas, and his theme music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQFENIxH5QU

Character History:

Rundas' first and only appearance so far was in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. You first meet Rundas when you enter the briefing room on the G.F.S Olympus. He boasts about his power, saying the attack on the G.F.S Valhalla wouldn't have happened if he'd been there. When the Olympus is attacked, you, Rundas, and the other two bounty hunters, Ghor and Gandrayda, are sent down to the planet Norion to put a halt to the pirate invasion. As you make your way through the Olympus, searching a way to your ship, Rundas can be seen firing an icy beam at some fleeing Space Pirates. The next time you meet him is on the planet Norion. You need to activate the three generators to reactivate the Planetary Defense System. You have just blown some Space Pirate Gunships to smithereens, but now you are surrounded by four Gunships. Just when everything seems hopeless, Rundas shows up, and quickly disposes of the four Gunships. He then gives you the Command Visor, which you can use to operate your ship manually. He tells you to activate Generator A, and he'll go for B. Activating Generator A goes smooth, and he activates B. You are heading for C next. However, Generator C holds a nasty trap. Ridley is waiting there for you, and he crashes through the platform you are standing on, sending you and him falling down the generator shaft. After a long fight, you deliver the last shots to Ridley, as Rundas comes in and saves you. With all generators online, you head for the Planetary Defense System. As you, Rundas, Ghor and Gandrayda arrive there, Dark Samus will arrive, and defeat all the hunters. Everyone is in a coma, and you awaken after a month. Rundas, however, has awoken two weeks ago and was sent to Bryyo, to investigate a meteor impact. However, Dark Samus' attack has left Rundas corrupted by Phazon. He goes corrupt and subsequently goes missing. You are sent to Bryyo to find out what happened to him, and to finish his mission. After investigating the planet for a bit, Rundas faces you, and you are forced to fight him. After defeating him, it looks as if his corruption disappears. Then, icicles sprout out of the floor and impale Rundas, killing him. Dark Samus then appears to take his soul. Rundas leaves behind the Ice Missile upgrade.

Moves:

A: Rundas does a weak slash with his blade-like hands.
A-A: Rundas does two weak slashes with his blade-like hands.
A>: Rundas stretches his arm and does a vertical sweep with his hand.
A/\: Rundas stabs his blade-like hands up.
A\/: Rundas does a low kick, sweeping enemies off their feet.
Dash: Rundas does a shoulder charge.
Smash: Rundas does a hard thrust with his blade-like hand.
Smash Up: Rundas stabs his hand up with a lot of force.
Smash Down: Rundas crouches and does a circular sweep with his hands. Hits both front and back.

Aerial Moves:

A: Rundas emits small ice particles from his body, damaging opponents. Kinda like Mewtwo's Aerial A.
A>: Rundas does a forward somersault with his hands extended, cutting opponents.
A/\: Rundas does a backward somersault with his hands extended, cutting opponents.
A\/: Rundas turns face-down, and dives toward the ground with his hands extended. Kinda like Sonic's Aerial A\/.

Special Moves:

B: Ice Blast. Rundas fires a lot of small beams of ice forward, slowing and freezing opponents.
B>: Icicle Spear. Rundas fires a number of sharp icicles forward. The number depends on how long the B button is held.
B/\: Blizzard Rocket. Rundas channels ice energy into his hands for a short moment, and then fires a blizzard behind him, propelling him in the chosen direction. Kinda like Fox's B/\.
B\/: Ice Stab. Rundas creates a number of ice spikes protruding from the ground, which damage enemies on touch.
Final Smash: Blizzard. Rundas unleashes a powerful blizzard, which covers the entire stage. It deals little damage, but encases all opponents in thick blocks of ice for a long while. The ice blocks are almost immune to knockback, however, so they won't budge when Rundas attacks them.

Grab Moves:

Grab: Rundas grabs hold of an opponent with his hands.
Grab Attack: Rundas sends chilling energy waves through the enemy.
Forward Throw: Rundas fires a blizzard at the opponent, causing the opponent to be blown away.
Backward Throw: Rundas picks up the opponent, turns around, and fires a blizzard at it, blowing the opponent away.
Up Throw: Rundas freezes the opponent in a block of ice and launcher it into the sky.
Down Throw: Rundas grabs the opponent with one hand, and forms a club made of ice in the other. He then throws the opponent to the floor and hits them on the head with the club, which then shatters.

Rundas would also be able to glide. If anyone here played Metroid Prime 3, you'll remember Rundas flying around by freezing the air in front of him. Well, i think this should be his way to glide. What do you think?

I really hope Rundas is going to be in Brawl, it would be a pretty cool character addition.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Rundas is just out cold, sweetest hunter besides Samus on MP3. I hope his theme song make the cut as well, becasue it's awesome. He got my support.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Where are all the pictures at?

Rundas is exactly what Brawl needs! An awesome hunter besides _ _ _ _ _ _ and _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

^^You know exactly the two antagonists that I'm refering to. ^_^

RUNDAS 4 BRAWL!

Machete

Smash Ace
He'd be the 4th Metroid rep, so he won't be in. Ridley and Dark Samus outprioritize him, by far. His battle theme would be awesome in Brawl, though.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
He'd be the 4th Metroid rep, so he won't be in. Ridley and Dark Samus outprioritize him, by far. His battle theme would be awesome in Brawl, though.
We all know this.

The real question is, will he get the assist trophy spot before Sylux, and the rest of the hunters.

Dilophosaurus Rex

Smash Cadet
Honestly, i don't see a problem with the Metroid series having 4 representatives. With the Prime subseries, it surely established its position as one of Nintendo's major series, alongside Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
It never crossed my mind, but awesome. The other two hunters weren't really as good as Rundas (Ghor & Gandrayda) Ridley is way too huge to be a character in brawl, maybe a boss but not a characters, he would take up the whole stage!

I will post a pic of him so people who didn't play Metroid Prime 3 see him-

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Honestly, i don't see a problem with the Metroid series having 4 representatives. With the Prime subseries, it surely established its position as one of Nintendo's major series, alongside Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.
Japan as a whole and Sakurai don't like the seres that much. Therefore, one can conclude that we won't be getting 4 reps from the Metroid series. Ha, we'll be lucky enough to get 3. The Metroid series is always getting the short end of the stick.

Machete

Smash Ace
The real question is, will he get the assist trophy spot before Sylux, and the rest of the hunters.
I think both Rundas and Sylux will be Assist Trophies, they're the most recognizable hunters beside Samus in their respective games. Although I'd prefer to see both Gandrayda and Ghor before Sylux, because Hunters is, by far, the worst Metroid game ever.

If Prime was popular in Japan, it'd be a "maybe". We'll be lucky if we get Dark Samus; Rundas has no chance.

Ridley is way too huge to be a character in brawl, maybe a boss but not a characters, he would take up the whole stage!
Another one? :(

Dilophosaurus Rex

Smash Cadet
The number of copies sold doesn't lie, not even in Japan :)

Besides, apart from Samus, the only other characters that are predicted to be in are bad guys. I'm still hoping that Rundas, originally a good guy (he just turned bad because Dark Samus corrupted him) will be in.

Besides, if Ridley's gonna be a boss and not playable, then there might still be a chance.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The number of copies sold doesn't lie, not even in Japan :)

Besides, apart from Samus, the only other characters that are predicted to be in are bad guys. I'm still hoping that Rundas, originally a good guy (he just turned bad because Dark Samus corrupted him) will be in.

Besides, if Ridley's gonna be a boss and not playable, then there might still be a chance.
You're kind of right. In the next Metroid game for the Wii, we need a kick@ss protagonist that teams up with Samus that doesn't go all bad guy on us.

Still though, Metroid popular villains like DS, Rundas, and Ridley pwn!

Rundas 4 AT.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ok then tell me, you obviously think he fits right, back yourself up

I myself like ridley but have you even fought him in Mertoid Prime 3?
We've backed up our evidence already 200 billion freaking times over.

Just....just go to Ridley's closed thread and you'll get all the answers you need their to see why he is so confirmed as a playable character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

He can be resized like every other *coughOlimarcough* character. Just look at his Melee size, the pic is in my sig.

Rundas would be awesome!! He should be in if they're gonna use a Hunter. I still don't see him over DS and Ridley tho..

Machete

Smash Ace
Rundas IS cool, that's true.

But WE WON'T HAVE 4 METROID CHARACTERS. Ridley is a shoe-in, and Dark Samus, although she's unlikely, could be in if Sakurai loves us. But that's all. 2, 3 at the most. Rundas would be cool, I know it. But he won't be in. Sorry.

Oh, and Ridley-haters, look the awesome old Ridley thread and shut up.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
He would be in the running if we knew if they are even considering other hunters but only time will tell, Ghor would have an equal chance as Rundas as he has two forms one the armoured look and two his average size humanoid body

I wrote an effing gamefaqs walkthrough for all three Prime games, of course I've fought him. But it's apparent that those are the only Metroid games you have played. If you had played any 2D Metroid games you'd know Ridley has been made smaller. Hell, all you had to do is watch the intro movie to Melee. And have you ever heard of scaling up/down? Bowser and Olimar sure have. So again, you are a dumb whelp.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Rundus is my clear favourite of the hunters, but as awesome as it would be to have him playable, it seems ridiculously unlikely. Still, I hope he at least gets an AT (Rossalina is one, so it is possible), or that at the very least we get his music for a metroid stage.

D

Deleted member

Hey, he's cool (*groan*). And I liked his music.

Possibly not playable, but maybe as an AT or boss since, after all, he's almost too cool to be bashed around by some electric rat or fat Italian.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Ridley is way too huge to be a character in brawl, maybe a boss but not a characters, he would take up the whole stage!
I laugh every time I see this, ESPECIALLY with Olimar confirmed.

I say Ridley should be the second Metroid rep and DS for a third if anyone else gets in, she/it out prioritizes Rundas in every way. I really hope that song gets in though, that and the DS theme... heck, Metroid music is just awesome, they can't go wrong by putting songs in.

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
Rundas would be cool he was the coolest guy in all the Metroids, but i think Ridley is the only possible other character from the series. BTW anyone else find the fight withe ridley at the start EXTREMELY easy?

I take it DS means dark Samus if so why not just have it as an alt. costume because would they not be very similar?

Machete

Smash Ace
Rundas would be cool he was the coolest guy in all the Metroids, but i think Ridley is the only possible other character from the series. BTW anyone else find the fight withe ridley at the start EXTREMELY easy?

I take it DS means dark Samus if so why not just have it as an alt. costume because would they not be very similar?
You have played the Metroid Prime games... and you think that Dark Samus and Samus are similar?

BTW, the coolest guy in Metroid is Ridley.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Rundas would be cool he was the coolest guy in all the Metroids,

True that :cool:
but i think Ridley is the only possible other character from the series. BTW anyone else find the fight withe ridley at the start EXTREMELY easy?
well it was the start of the game :p
Ugh..this argument annoys me to no end T_T
Dark Samus as already been deconfirmed as an alt, and she would not be to similar to Samus, you'd know that if you've played MP2/MP3. Please, look at the DS thread, she won't be an alt/clone
I suggest people stop saying Ridley or DS won't be in, just discuss Rundas.

D

Deleted member

Ridley is the coolest Metroid character, then maybe Sylux (loses points becuase of the dorky helmet).

Still, let's keep this topic clean guys. No Ridlez here plz.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Bowser...Sunshine. You lose.

If any hunter would get in I hope it would be either Rhundas or Noxus. But I doubt metroid will get that many reps. Even though I think it deserves 4.

Top Bottom