• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freezing at stage select. (resolved)

X Gamer 66

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm trying to use replay codes in Brawl but my game keeps freezing at the SSS.

Here's the .txt (in its entirety) I converted into the .gct file (no dashes):
------------------------
RSBE01
Super Smash Bros Brawl (US)

Allow Replays Longer Than Three Minutes (brkirch)
040E5DE8 60000000
04953184 60000000
04953224 60000000

Save Tags in Replays v3 [Y.S.]
0404B140 38A00000
------------------------

I put Brawl in, boot gecko OS through HBC, start the game, and it works fine up until the SSS where I get the loud buzz of death and it freezes.

I have the latest version of Code Manager, HBC, and Gecko OS, and RSBE01.gct is in the right directory. I don't get any error messages while Gecko is applying codes, and I've tried using both the default and VBI hooktype.

I've never had this problem when using Neogamma to apply codes to a backup, but it keeps freezing when I try using my original copy of Brawl. any ideas?

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
do you still have the smash stack files on your sd card?
if so you need to remove them because what happens is, the game tries to load your custom stages but instead finds that file and it somehow messes things up
just remove the file and you'll be fine

X Gamer 66

Smash Rookie
do you still have the smash stack files on your sd card?
if so you need to remove them because what happens is, the game tries to load your custom stages but instead finds that file and it somehow messes things up
just remove the file and you'll be fine
Hmm. I deleted it and that stopped it from freezing, but now I get a new error when using gecko: It says there's too many lines of code (~683 lines out of ~400ish) which makes no sense since my code is less than 10 lines long.

Any idea what's causing that?

EDIT: by the way, I changed absolutely nothing except deleting "st_080805_0933.bin". I have no idea why it would give me this error now when it didn't before.

EDITEDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work. this can be ignored/closed.

Top Bottom