• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freezes at Character Select

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
I've been using PM (hackless) for awhile now with no issues. When I tried it out this morning, it froze at the character select when I hovered over the right side of the screen. I tried this in normal Brawl and I had no issues. I think some custom content I added this morning may have caused the issue. I removed an alternate stage slot from Fountain of Dreams with M2000's ASL Tool, I added a Deku Link skin for Toon Link, and I added two CSPs. I think the RSBE01.gct file may have gotten corrupted when I removed the alternate stage slot for FoD. I have a backup of PM's files, so should I re-add the RSBE01.gct file and re-add the alternate stage slots I had on other stages again, or should I completely re-add everything from scratch?

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
would be the toon link changes i bet.

revert to a working backup. then add mods one at a time to see what's causing the issue.
I just found out that hovering over characters next to Toon Link on the select screen (Samus, Link, Ganondorf, etc.) crash the game. Should I delete the Project M files on my SD card and then add the backup files and mods?

rob778899

Smash Rookie
This one is simple. ik this post thread is nearly halve a year old, but to those who are having somewhat of a similar as Mr. game and watch here; all you rlly have to do is back track.

Let's say you were modding project M with some character BPs or CPs (batttle/character select portraits, as far as i ik this is the only way one can encounter an issue like this) I want to change fox CP into shadow, Falco's CP to Jet, and wolves portrait to Metal sonic. I hate the CPs that i get along with the skin, in the folder as usual. So, i search one up on the internet :)

I find this nice, boss, menacing pic of Shadow the hedgehog and decide to use it as my CP. (assuming you have some what decent knowledge of what i'm talking about rn) I replace the CP, and do the exact same with Jet and Wolf.

NOW THE HYPE IS REAL!!! I'm can't believe i'm about to play as Shadow the hedgehog AND see his pic XOOOO. BUT THEN, right as your literal inches away from foxes icon (or who ever else your modding) DA GAME CRASHES .-. ....

You try again obviously, determined it was just a minor floak with the games processing time... But nope :/ it just does not seem to wanna work... WELL HERE'S WHY

When your going to place an image from the internet on to BrawlBox YOU MUST, AND I MEAN MUSST make sure the image does not exceed 500+ pixels (height or weight) your basically asking project M to stretch the character picture beyond the bonds of the little square then. which, it obviously won't do.... so it crashes :) you do this by looking right on the top right of the small window, where the image should pop up. above your image u will see some text, and numbers: Height and Weight should be among those texts, and.... now you can check :D

once you found your corpret image you are to replace it normally, and this time: make sure to find a usable image! the problem should then be resolved :).

BUUUTTT WAIT ROB, I.I.I... RLLY LIKE THE IMAGE I FOUND THO :(((. i here you saying xD. well marry christmas! you can use that very same image, your simply going to have to make it smaller, by playing around with the some scrolly number thing around the same area xD. once you made the desired image small enough (again 500 pixels or less..) your done :)

hope your small issue gets resolved :D. BEI

Top Bottom