• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Free For All 4 player matches?

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
What the hell do you do in these?

I rarely get to play with people, and whenever I do, it's always in a 4v4 free for all match.

I try and practice against CPUs, but I'm lucky to survive with two stocks against level 9 CPUs.

Usually, I just end up spamming neutral B, side B and PK2. I doubt, especially with PK2, that those are good ideas.

So any suggestions ;-;?

Levitas

the moon
you have fun.

There's no competitive format for 4p FFAs so just do whatever. Winning isn't necessarily the point in a non-competitive ruleset.

Why are you playing against CPUs for practice? People do a much better job of guessing what you're gonna do and countering it so plan out your moves ahead a little, or use safer moves. Neutral b's are really unsafe, as well as PKT2.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I do these all the time on wifi
I just stay away from the action and when someone comes to attack me I react
Like Levitas said just have fun
I might throw in PK freeze and PK fire to annoying the other players
then when they charge at me I go from there.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I saw a mention of CPU's. Avoid those at all cost! They make you horrible at the game. :( Anyway, Free For Alls are fun! :) Ike always seems to win in them, though. :/

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Dont you have any friends that you can play smash with?
Thats the best way to practice....wifi is second best

Unfortunately, none that regularly visit my house. And parent's hate inviting over people that aren't family-friends.

Australia has crappy internet, I don't even get adsl2+ here. Most of the time I just end up d/cing before I get to play.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to bump this, because now I'm curious to know how I should be practicing, because I don't have anyone to practice against and I can't use wi-fail.

I'm entering a tourney in about a weeks time, by the way. It'll be my first, so I'm pretty excited.

Top Bottom