• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frank Fly for Brawl

Sandy

Smash Champion
Frank Fly for Brawl

The leader (later ex-leader) of the street gang called the Sharks. A misguided youth, Frank is adept with a switchblade, and only after being bested by Ness, changes his ways and starts working at the local fast-food shop.

If you were an avid gamer back in the early 90's, you probably remember the idea you got when the word "RPG" was mentioned. Anyone who played RPG's would almost instantly think of games with a medieval setting. They would think of games where you play as knights and wizards fighting dragons and other such mythical creatures. Then EarthBound came and changed our perspective on RPG's.

EarthBound was quite different from all the other RPG's of its time because of the modern day setting. The setting of EarthBound is similar to modern-day America and Canada. EarthBound continues to differentiate itself from the sea of today's RPG's because of its unique humour and unlikely characters. You won't find any other RPG where you find yourself talking to hippies and fighting things like street signs and cultists. The humour in the game is endless. Every time you can find new jokes and the old jokes never actually get old.

Besides the unique elements of the game. The important things that make a good RPG can be found here too. The game features a nice story to keep you interested. The music is some of the best game music ever made. It features a wide range of styles like jazz, techno, reggae dub, and even metal. The graphics are very unique, but fit the game so nicely. People who have been playing mostly games that are more current might take a look at the screen shots and think EarthBound looks primitive and not worthy of a try. However, once you give EarthBound a try, you’ll realize that no other style of graphics could fit the game better. This is a game that concentrates on humour and the cartoon-ish look adds to it a lot. If the game was done in today’s 3D life-like look or even the best 2D back in 1994, the game would probably not be a fun. These graphic really help this game to stand out. If you never played this game, you really need to give it a try. These days, a used copy of EarthBound goes for the price it was when it was first released or possibly a bit more, but this is really worth all the money. This isn't your average game. Once you start playing you'll see just why a site like this still exists 10 years after the game's release date.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
it would be interesting to see a knife user in brawl, especially if frank gets a knife throw and a backstab move. it could become a little to violent for the kiddies though, and i think there are some earthbound characters with better chances of making it in though, the only one out of those i really want is poo. we always need more villains in brawl though.

p.s. nice toy/figurine, is it made of clay?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
As awesome of a character as Frankie is, Brawl material he ain't. Mother's probably only going to get one, and the most two, new characters if any. Party members will have priority over NPC's.

Frank is still awesome, though.:cool:

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Frank brandishes a knife...and stabs his chances of any possible Brawl appearence.

I remember the guy and he was a pretty good early boss in the game but he is too minor a character to be included in Brawl. Sorry

Sandy

Smash Champion
He should get in because he helps Ness after you defeat him. Kind like Vegeta helps Goku after Goku pwns Vegeta.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Outside of Poo, Jeff, Paula, Lucas, and Duster, he has the best chance of getting in.

Now that the clear fact that he's not getting in is out of the way, I do know what his Special move would be.

Frankenstein Mark II.

"Huff puff. Fail-proof Frank is now only Failure Frank."

Sandy

Smash Champion

Description
Frank Fly finally gets a stage of his own! This stage is from Earthbound, and is located in front and on top of houses on a street. Many parts of this stage collapse, and cars come zooming by on this quiet road at the worst possible moment. Damage from these cars is great. You will hear a honk and receive a warning before cars come, so try and time it to knock your opponent down to be hit by cars! There are several different places to stand, including some tree branches that shake a bit as you move on them.
Background
This stage is taken from the Earthbound series.
Interactivity
Cars come zooming at a few seconds notice, and if they come in contact with you, you'll get hit with a sizable amount of damage (and the car might go spinning out, too). The overhang on the drug store only lasts for so long, and it will fall after it's been used for awhile before replacing itself.
Analysis
This stage has no pits, but you can easily be hit off the side by a car or an opponent. There are a lot of places to go if you need to avoid attack, so playing here can end up being a cat-and-mouse sort of game.

Or maybe make the Arcade his level.

CHUK

Smash Ace
He isn't popular enough to be considered a Nintendo All-Star. He isn't THE main enemy in Earthbound either. I think Deluxe Starman deserves the role more. I think he has less of a chance of gettig in than Deku Link. Plus you like My Chemical Romance (put together by the same type of people who put Britney Spears on MTV) GG n00b kthnxbye. (JAY KAY)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Oh my god,I remember Franky. It took me three tries to beat him and his monster when I first played Earthbound >_>

He is fun, but the main character need to be represented in the MOTHER series. Or if they wanted an enemy, a Starman could EASILY do the trick. Altough this does not change the fact that Franky could be potentially fun.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Sort of. Or maybe they could share a stage. Or they could use the back lot of the arcade where you fight Frank in EathBound.

Kirye

Smash Ace
I heard somewhere no knife wielders.
No slicing people's heads off, you mean. (Ala Snake).

If knives were that bad, why are there sword users in Smash bros? >.> It's all the same in the end.

But anyway, no, he's too unimportant, Earthbound should only have at the most one more character to represent the franchise, and that should be Poo. (If they decide to rep Earthbound more.)

Sandy

Smash Champion
But anyway, no, he's too unimportant, Earthbound should only have at the most one more character to represent the franchise, and that should be Poo. (If they decide to rep Earthbound more.)
What about Pokey Minch a.k.a. The Little F*** That Betrays You

Top Bottom