• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame-perfect Ness

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If Ness was frame-perfect, how much better would he be?

With perfect DjC, possibly edge canceled, being able to consistently edge cancel PK Fire, being able to do everything in EB360's 2 post guide, not flubbing your recovery, (and perfect Corneria Camping ^_^).

Did I miss any? Anyways, would he be a lot better, or just better? And to what degree would he be better?

This is all theoretical, of course.

EDIT: Not counting powersheilding.

Adi

Smash Lord
I suppose in comparison to any human player of a top tier character but when you allow them to be frame perfect their advantages increase exponentially as well.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
If Ness was frame-perfect, he would be banned from tournaments... since he would be able to do constant SYYGs (if we ever figure it out). ;)

Levitas

the moon
No, even a frame perfect ness would have to DI chase (and therefore could be hit out of "combos" which in fact are not true combos)

Ness relies more on mindgames to pull off anything, so while being frame perfect would help, it would only help lengthen your offensive runs, and only if your opponent wasn't frame perfect as well.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
It could be the equivalent of SuperDoodleMan's frame perfect Fox except for the shine part I guess. But for Ness, mindgaming with him is a lot more effective than being technical unlike Fox.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
edge canceled pk fire still has a third of a second startup and isn't very versatile

not flubbing your recovery doesn't mean you can't be edgeguarded

corneria camping is only one stage

perfect djc makes you attack a lot faster but it doesn't make you invulnerable by any means

Top Bottom