• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame data question

Illuminado

Smash Cadet
Hey all, hope you're all well.

Just wondering if any of you know the answer or have the means to find out. If I use the auto sh nair with Marcina and fast fall on the first possible frame after the nair two connects, what frame do I land on? More specifically, how many frames does it take for you to fast fall to the ground after nair two connecting. Thanks in advance if anything knows this! I'm trying to math something :D

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Marth's SHFF is 28 frame air time IIRC. So he'll land on 29 and take 7 frames of landing lag. So after a SH Nair FF, Marth can shield on F36.
(Lucina too)

Illuminado

Smash Cadet
Marth's SHFF is 28 frame air time IIRC. So he'll landing on 29 and take 7 frames of landing lag. So after a SH Nair FF, Marth can shield on F36.
(Lucina too)
Hey Vipermoon ^^

You sure on this one? So rising SHnair into a ff on the first possible frame only results in only one frame of "fall time" until you hit the ground and then start the 7 frame landing lag from nair?
That's basically my question here. Like you're fast falling from the apex of a frame perfect rising SH nair as soon as possible. Basically feel like there must be more than one frame in it (though not many) , but I'm not used to eyeballing such things. Haha.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Hey Vipermoon ^^

You sure on this one? So rising SHnair into a ff on the first possible frame only results in only one frame of "fall time" until you hit the ground and then start the 7 frame landing lag from nair?
That's basically my question here. Like you're fast falling from the apex of a frame perfect rising SH nair as soon as possible. Basically feel like there must be more than one frame in it (though not many) , but I'm not used to eyeballing such things. Haha.
Who said Marth is falling for one frame? The air time includes the time he's falling, however long that takes. His normal short hop is 41 frames of air time, his SHFF is 28 frames of air time.

However, I forgot to mention jumpsquat. So inputting this from a neutral position on the ground, with JS being 3 frames, Marth can shield on frame 39.

Illuminado

Smash Cadet
Who said Marth is falling for one frame? The air time includes the time he's falling, however long that takes. His normal short hop is 41 frames of air time, his SHFF is 28 frames of air time.

However, I forgot to mention jumpsquat. So inputting this from a neutral position on the ground, with JS being 3 frames, Marth can shield on frame 39.
Sorry was just me misunderstanding. Your answer was perfect, its just the bit of info was inside and I didn't properly register it! Hah. Basically, nair ends on 21, ff begins on 22 and ends on 28 with landing on 29. So the fast fall is 6 frames.

Thanks for the answer!

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Sorry was just me misunderstanding. Your answer was perfect, its just the bit of info was inside and I didn't properly register it! Hah. Basically, nair ends on 21, ff begins on 22 and ends on 28 with landing on 29. So the fast fall is 6 frames.

Thanks for the answer!
We don't know what frame the fast fall begins, as it is able to happen at the apex of a jump and we don't know when that is on Marth without testing (it's as easy as training mode frame-by-frame, which I used to get the 28F air time). It makes no difference what move or hitbox you have out, so Nair2's hitbox ending after 21 doesn't matter.

Top Bottom