• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Frame Data Display v1.0

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
This project has been migrated to Training Mode

- Includes onscreen prompts for wavedash timing, L-cancel info, hitstun and hitlag, shield stun, missed tech, act oos reaction time, dashback status + percentage, shield drop info, APM, missed meteor cancel info and frames left in the players action state.
- Press L in the rules menu to bring up the settings screen. Here, you can toggle each display on and off.
- Toggled display settings save to the memory card and are loaded on boot.

Description:

Toggle Screen:
Select which onscreen displays you would like to enable by pressing L in the Rules menu.

Wavedash Timing:
Displays which frame you successfully wavedashed on. Text turns green when a perfect wavedash was performed.

L-Cancel Info:
Displays where in the L-Cancel window your input was. Also displays a live L-Cancel percentage upon landing an aerial.

Dashback Info + Percentage:
Displays whether your DB was a successful vanilla DB, successful UCF DB, or a failed DB. Also displays a live DB percentage upon attemping a DB.

Shield Drop Info:
Text color indicates a vanilla shield drop (green) vs a UCF shield drop (yellow). Displays how many frames since the stick has left the origin as well as the Y coordinate that was read upon shield dropping.

Act Out of Shield Info:
Displays which frame you acted out of shield stun. Text turns green when the action was frame perfect.

Hitstun/Hitlag/Action State Frames Remaining:
Recommended to use in develop mode with frame advancing. Displays how many frames the player has left of hitstun, hitlag, and the current action state.

APM:
Calculates a rough APM (inputs per minute really) per player live.

Missed Tech Info:
Indicates whether the tech was missed from a late button press or from the lockout window.

Missed Meteor Cancel Info:
Displays how many frames early a missed meteor cancel input was. Also if it was from an XY input or a tap jump input

Downloads:
Gecko Code (FM + Vanilla Melee ONLY, use this for netplay)
20XX 4.07++ Start.dol Download w/ FDD v1.0 + UCF 0.73 (Updated to fix Random Stage Selection overwrite bug)
20XX 4.07++ Start.dol Download w/ FDD v1.0 + NO UCF
MCM Mod Library (For adding to your own custom .iso)

How to Swap DOL File in 20XX 4.07++ ISO
Video: https://streamable.com/p98f5

GCR (program needed): http://www.mediafire.com/file/nwhrjoj01hzwjb7/GCR v1.0.exe

Last edited:

PbZ

Smash Rookie
I dont use this site much but you are literally a god UnclePunch!!!! I love you per se?

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
This is incredible! You've clearly put a lot of hard work into this. Thank you so very much <3

leomar ibanez

Smash Rookie
- Includes onscreen prompts for wavedash timing, L-cancel info, hitstun and hitlag, shield stun, missed tech, act oos reaction time, dashback status + percentage, shield drop info, APM, missed meteor cancel info and frames left in the players action state.
- Press L in the rules menu to bring up the settings screen. Here, you can toggle each display on and off.

Description:

Toggle Screen:
Select which onscreen displays you would like to enable by pressing L in the Rules menu.

Wavedash Timing:
Displays which frame you successfully wavedashed on. Text turns green when a perfect wavedash was performed.

L-Cancel Info:
Displays where in the L-Cancel window your input was. Also displays a live L-Cancel percentage upon landing an aerial.

Displays whether your DB was a successful vanilla DB, successful UCF DB, or a failed DB. Also displays a live DB percentage upon attemping a DB.

Shield Drop Info:
Text color indicates a vanilla shield drop (green) vs a UCF shield drop (yellow). Displays how many frames since the stick has left the origin as well as the Y coordinate that was read upon shield dropping.

Act Out of Shield Info:
Displays which frame you acted out of shield stun. Text turns green when the action was frame perfect.

Recommended to use in develop mode with frame advancing. Displays how many frames the player has left of hitstun, hitlag, and the current action state.

APM:

Missed Tech Info:
Indicates whether the tech was missed from a late button press or from the lockout window.

Displays how many frames early a missed meteor cancel input was. Also if it was from an XY input or a tap jump input

Downloads:
20XX 4.07++ Start.dol Download w/ FDD v1.0 + UCF 0.73 (Updated to fix Random Stage Selection overwrite bug)

GCR (program needed): http://www.mediafire.com/file/nwhrjoj01hzwjb7/GCR v1.0.exe

Description:

Toggle Screen:

Wavedash Timing:

L-Cancel Info:

Shield Drop Info:

Act Out of Shield Info:

APM:

Missed Tech Info:

Downloads:

Hey so how do I get these codes on my dolphin? they don't seem to be saving when I hit add new codes

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Very cool, but inputs per minute (IPM) and actions per minute (APM) are different things. Especially in smash where you might constantly option select SDI, ASDI, and techs, IPM more accurately measures what goes on with the players hands and controller while APM more accurately measures the results of those inputs on screen

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Hey so how do I get these codes on my dolphin? they don't seem to be saving when I hit add new codes
They're Gecko codes, not AR.

First go here:
upload_2018-4-10_9-2-6.png

Two .txt files should open, but just go to the one with codes in it, go to the very bottom, add space and then the Gecko codes.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Very cool, but inputs per minute (IPM) and actions per minute (APM) are different things. Especially in smash where you might constantly option select SDI, ASDI, and techs, IPM more accurately measures what goes on with the players hands and controller while APM more accurately measures the results of those inputs on screen
Yeah you're right. Its just that APM is much more self-explanatory as an acronym at first glance which is why I used it.

Last edited:

Scorpiator

Smash Rookie
I tried using the gecko code and importing the .dol file. It says saved but neither are working, is there something I'm missing?

Edit: I found out you need to press L in versus settings.

Last edited:

Zach Nunez

Smash Rookie

Description:

Toggle Screen:

Wavedash Timing:

L-Cancel Info:

Shield Drop Info:

Act Out of Shield Info:

APM:

Missed Tech Info:

Downloads:

Have you considered making a "jumped out of shine on x frame"? Like show how many frames it took you to jump out of shine after the 4 or whatever where you can't jump. Could help people see whether they need to be jumping faster. And could also have a thing for if you jump too quick out of shine, leaving you stuck in the shine.

ToastedCat

Smash Rookie

Description:

Toggle Screen:

Wavedash Timing:

L-Cancel Info:

Shield Drop Info:

Act Out of Shield Info:

APM:

Missed Tech Info:

Downloads:

Would it be possible to make an info window that shows how close your firefox and wavedash angles are to the perfect angle?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Have you considered making a "jumped out of shine on x frame"? Like show how many frames it took you to jump out of shine after the 4 or whatever where you can't jump. Could help people see whether they need to be jumping faster. And could also have a thing for if you jump too quick out of shine, leaving you stuck in the shine.
Would it be possible to make an info window that shows how close your firefox and wavedash angles are to the perfect angle?
Good ideas, will add those.

Last edited:

Gentlefox

Smash Cadet
This is incredible, I especially love the OoS one.

Any chance you'll add adjustable timers for when the windows disappear?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
This is incredible, I especially love the OoS one.

Any chance you'll add adjustable timers for when the windows disappear?
Haven't thought of that. Should be possible once i think of an elegant way to implement it.

Uzzi

Smash Cadet
Is the only way to turn off all of the codes to have one of the empty slots set to ON? It looks like once an option is selected, at least one has to be ON.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Is the only way to turn off all of the codes to have one of the empty slots set to ON? It looks like once an option is selected, at least one has to be ON.
Yes, will be changed next version.

0ats

Smash Rookie
Hey for some reason when I try to use the Gecko code for the main display function I get an invalid write error with two hex addresses. I am using fm 5.8.7 and vanilla melee. Anyone else get this error?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Hey for some reason when I try to use the Gecko code for the main display function I get an invalid write error with two hex addresses. I am using fm 5.8.7 and vanilla melee. Anyone else get this error?
You need to have all of the codes enabled since a lot of them rely on each other.

Incredible, unbelievable - Truly an exceptional man for having put this together. I thank you, and my family thanks you. Our prayers have been answered. Sacrificing Phillips was not for nought.

Zach Nunez

Smash Rookie
They're Gecko codes, not AR.

First go here:
View attachment 141127

Two .txt files should open, but just go to the one with codes in it, go to the very bottom, add space and then the Gecko codes.
Have you considered adding a code to show what frame you do your aerial after you jump? Like for when you're trying to do say an instant Nair as fox, it tells you what frame you got it out after you leave the ground.

Top Bottom