• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fr8's Guide to Pac-Man Part 1. Moves [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr8

Smash Rookie
NNID
LikeAFaz
3DS FC
3883-4985-8400
Fr8 submitted a new guide:

Fr8's Guide to Pac-Man Part 1. Moves - A Basic Overview of Pac-Man and How to Play Him Well

Pac-Man is easily the most crafty character in Sm4sh. He relies on setting up traps for his opponents and capitalizing on his opponent's lack of knowledge of him. I will be doing a step-by-step guide to this character, going over things like his recovery to his kill moves.

Pac-Man's Moves
Neutral A - Quick Jab. If hit 3 times quickly, it makes the "Jab-Jab-Kick" move. Normal Jab does 3%, and if done in a combo, it goes 3%, 2%, 4%, respectively.

Tilts
Forward Tilt - Side...
Read more about this guide...

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I understand your positive intent making this guide, but it seems to me like there aren't really any features that make it stand out. It reads more like a list of data than a guide, which isn't necessarily bad, but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

The meat of a good guide, with few exceptions, is analysis, drawn from experience and supported by data. If the guide lacks analysis or contains a lot of untested theory, it's unfortunately not likely to be helpful. Listing Pac's moves without going deep into strategy has been done very well before, you know? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

People are verrry picky when it comes to who to take advice from, especially on the Internet. Writing a guide is no easy task! If you feel like you're lacking experience, these forums have a lot of great resources to help you improve. I'm no Pac-God myself, but we're all trying to get there, eh?

Fr8

Smash Rookie
NNID
LikeAFaz
3DS FC
3883-4985-8400
Hey! I understand your positive intent making this guide, but it seems to me like there aren't really any features that make it stand out. It reads more like a list of data than a guide, which isn't necessarily bad, but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

The meat of a good guide, with few exceptions, is analysis, drawn from experience and supported by data. If the guide lacks analysis or contains a lot of untested theory, it's unfortunately not likely to be helpful. Listing Pac's moves without going deep into strategy has been done very well before, you know? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

People are verrry picky when it comes to who to take advice from, especially on the Internet. Writing a guide is no easy task! If you feel like you're lacking experience, these forums have a lot of great resources to help you improve. I'm no Pac-God myself, but we're all trying to get there, eh?
Thanks man. Im fairly new to smashboards. Thanks for the advice.

Fr8

Smash Rookie
NNID
LikeAFaz
3DS FC
3883-4985-8400
This guide has been removed and is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom