• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Foxtrotting- worth it?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
I think that foxtrotting is slightly faster than running but I'm not sure. But is it applicable? You can use it to s-smash which is good but I'm not sure if it's useful for Bowser Jr. Also a little thing I noticed is that you can use a dash attack long after the initial dash animation seems to be over. It might catch some people offguard.

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
No one has anything?

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Anything he can do another character can do better.

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
That's nice but it doesn't mean it's completely unusable.

Omega_Knight

Smash Cadet
It is definitely applicable because I play a lot better when I never dash and just walk to space. It gives me more options and is safer for my bowser jr because he is too slow to chase/punish with dash. Foxtrotting/S-Dash or whatever its called helps me maneuver for spacing and to set up without being stuck in a dash. I also don't know how much Perfect Pivot will change bowser jrs gameplay.

Last edited:

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
I feel like p-pivoting is good for Bowjow, as his jab combo is great and it can help sweetspotting the f-smash so people don't get out.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
So is more or less every AT though. I don't think it'd be detrimental if you don't do it though.
problem is that most ATs are either brainded "do it always" like l-canceling or are very situational... PP to me seems like you'd use it a lot and since it's a movement tech you kinda have to re-learn smash if you don't have experience with wavedahsing, whcih is my case...

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
problem is that most ATs are either brainded "do it always" like l-canceling or are very situational... PP to me seems like you'd use it a lot and since it's a movement tech you kinda have to re-learn smash if you don't have experience with wavedahsing, whcih is my case...
Honestly if you don't wanna perfect pivot s-smashing is an easier alternative. It's essentially the same but you're limited to only doing smash attacks. It has a lot of similar perks and it's not tough.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Honestly if you don't wanna perfect pivot s-smashing is an easier alternative. It's essentially the same but you're limited to only doing smash attacks. It has a lot of similar perks and it's not tough.
You can do any move out of it but it's hard to do it consistently. I can do it to the left easily for some weird reason.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Super late to this, but the more I play bjr the more i realize perfect pivotting might be one of the more important things he can do. I say might because I haven't practiced it enough to land it consistently, but if its fast enough it might be the perfect way to let us punish properly. As it stands, I'd say one of Bjr's biggest problems is that none of his ground moves come out fast enough, except d-tilt which can really be punished easily. PP might let us space ourselves properly to react without being so open to a punish ourselves. Definitely worth looking into I'd say

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Super late to this, but the more I play bjr the more i realize perfect pivotting might be one of the more important things he can do. I say might because I haven't practiced it enough to land it consistently, but if its fast enough it might be the perfect way to let us punish properly. As it stands, I'd say one of Bjr's biggest problems is that none of his ground moves come out fast enough, except d-tilt which can really be punished easily. PP might let us space ourselves properly to react without being so open to a punish ourselves. Definitely worth looking into I'd say
Usmash, Utilt, and Ftilt take around 6-8 frames to come out. That is fast enough to punish any whiffs on shields or anything.
At least, better than his grab, which needs like 12-14 frames to come out... >.>

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
PP is amazing for spacing and punish landing with d smash. Jab is also a pretty fast move and the cooldown can be canceled with anything else. I usually jab > lick to shield poke or Jab > boost grab.

It's totally worth mastering IMO.

Last edited:

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
PP is easy on 3DS stick. So I did a little testing with my many GC controllers. A brand new controller stick makes PP a little harder. The more worn in your analog the better. @ G guedes the brawler try out different controller and see which one works the best for that

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
perfect pivot is useful for bowser jr but it's annoying to learn, and use.
never count out an AT just because it's hard to use, its called an advanced technique for a reason.

PP is very useful for bowser jr, for single jabs to interrupt your opponent's momentum and for outspacing and punishing with your fsmash. Also, regular pivoting utilising ftilt is very useful for hip checking shields and outspacing, sometimes netting a KO

Top Bottom