• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's worst MU?

KiteAF

Smash Rookie
I'd also like to see some opinions on this.

Imo characters that can give him trouble are: Rob, Sonic, Ike, Roy, Yoshi, and DeDeDe.

Yoshi and Roy both get some great combos on fast fallers and can do a lot with their crouch cancels. Ike can 0 to death with his throws, has great disjoint, and is hard to gimp due to his recovery options. Sonic is a little bit faster than fox and can chaingrab to kill with upthrow, as well as gimp with fair, dair and spring. DeDeDe can just straight up gimp Fox at 0 if he gets him offstage. Not sure if I'd say any of these are better than 50/50 but these characters seem to do well in the MU.

I'm curious how people think Fox fares against Pit in 3.6, since no one seems to play that character anymore and the Pit boards are kinda dead.

Last edited:

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Fox doesn't have a MU worse then Even that we know of atm so he "technically" doesn't have "bad" MU's.

It will usually come down to what you personally have issues with or MU unfamiliarity IMO. This is assuming highest level of play of course.

Last edited:

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
It's not really about who fox loses to, but who he has the most trouble against and how much work he has to put in to earn the matchup. Take melee for example against jigglypuff or samus. It's like, sure a perfect TAS worthy fox has that matchup or it's even, but one mistake can lead to his death, possibly with one grab, especially jigglypuff who capitalizes on mistakes easily. In pm, those characters that give him trouble are samus, mewtwo, puff, sonic, zelda, ROB, G&W, bowser, peach, kirby, ike, roy, and marth... Quite a few characters I must say.

KiteAF

Smash Rookie
I don't see Bowser giving him any trouble played correctly. Not sure how Kirby, Peach, or Zelda do either.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
The fact you guys don't even have a MU thread is probably a good indicator of a lack of bad MU's.
He really shouldn't have any bad matchups. He's a glass cannon that if played right (which is hard to do as fox especially with the erfs) can win almost any matchup because the game benefits him the most. His bad matchups are made by lame characters such as rob and DDD who have an easy time capitalizing mistakes.

Getsafe

Smash Apprentice
I don't see Bowser giving him any trouble played correctly. Not sure how Kirby, Peach, or Zelda do either.
I don't see bowser or Peach being a problem, Kirby does well against the other two spacies but idk about Fox.

As a Zelda main I can tell you that she definitely belongs on that list. Touch of death on fast fallers, like 1 touch and you're dead. Especially on small stages or stages lacking platforms (up throw chains to ~80% and then a free follow up: sweet spot Uair will kill off the top, Bair or Fair will either kill or set up for a free edgeguard.

You basically need to camp dash dance and SHDL the whole match otherwise it's really easy for Zelda

Last edited:
Top Bottom