• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Up+B ledge grab

Ultimatt19

Smash Rookie
I've seen a few videos where a Fox player would get knocked off the edge and then do his Firefox and he/she would fly directly to the edge and immediately grab onto it. I mean "immediately" as in, his firefox SHOULD have gone a longer distance, but he/she seems like they -stop- the firefox animation and grab onto the ledge.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5665919289646218999

that video is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. watch Ken (fox) at 0:58 seconds and you'll see what I mean.

could someone please explain to me how to do this technique with fox?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
This is called sweet spotting.

When the firefox reaches the exact point in the edge where Fox can grab on, it cancels into the ledge-grab.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
when you aim down to the ledge, make sure you dont hold down too long or else you wont grab the ledge.(i notice that this happens with some people)
go to neutral right after aiming down

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
This isn't sweetspotting...if you sweetspot, edgeguards that don't hit below the ledge can't hit you. This is something else. Like, it obvoiusly doesn't cancel if you firefox past the ledge from beneath the stage.But I quibble over semantics.

Additionally, there are some angles from which you cannot stop the firefox. In some cases, this results in you smashing vulnerably against the wall for a bit (180 degree angle). In others, you'll miss the ledge with no hope to grab it. It has to do with your distance and angle. Anyways, you'll get to "feeling" when you can stop the firefox and when you'll miss the ledge. Practice, it's really the best advice.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
This isn't sweetspotting...if you sweetspot, edgeguards that don't hit below the ledge can't hit you. This is something else. Like, it obvoiusly doesn't cancel if you firefox past the ledge from beneath the stage.But I quibble over semantics.

Additionally, there are some angles from which you cannot stop the firefox. In some cases, this results in you smashing vulnerably against the wall for a bit (180 degree angle). In others, you'll miss the ledge with no hope to grab it. It has to do with your distance and angle. Anyways, you'll get to "feeling" when you can stop the firefox and when you'll miss the ledge. Practice, it's really the best advice.
I guess that's true.
There was a few times where I missed the ledge somehow from top side of the stage when it obviously should've caught the ledge. I wasn't holding down either.

Top Bottom