• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Moves: Melee vs Brawl (Evaluation)

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
Ok this is what I've seen so far:

Melee ------- Brawl

Shine > Shine

FireFox > FireFox

Blaster < Blaster

Illusion < Illusion

Speed = Speed (running)

Speed < Speed (attacking with A)

AAA < AAA

nAir > nAir

fAir < fAir

bAir > bAir

uAir > uAir

dAir < dAir

uSmash > uSmash

dSmash < dSmash

sideSmash < sideSmash

tilts = tilts (all)

uThrow ? uThrow

dThrow = dThrow (you cant shine after down throwing, but you can fAir or do any other move rigth after it since the other character does up because it bounces)

SideThrow = SideThrow (punch)

SideThrow = SideThrow (blaster)

Overall

Melee 6

Brawl 8

Ties 4

Thats what I have so far, in terms of the two days I have played Brawl using Fox.

Also, most of the "evaluation" is accomodated to the other characters. Example: Running speed is a tie because in general most other characters are slow in comparison to Fox, even though in Melee he seems to be faster than in Brawl.

Yes, please help me improve this evaluation, giving me feedback, videos and anything that is needed above placed in "?" and feel free to tell me of anyn dractic, or not, mistakes that I made above (If I missed a mvoe or put a wrong simbol next to the move).

Thanks for your time!

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
His moves are more powerful, but it always feels like he has a lot of lag after them. I didn't notice nearly as much in melee.

Ganon1

Smash Rookie
I think the new blaster is better due to its damage rate. Also has anyone else noticed that even though it doesn't make foes flinch, it actually stops Waddle Dees from hitting you?

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
I think the new blaster is better due to its damage rate. Also has anyone else noticed that even though it doesn't make foes flinch, it actually stops Waddle Dees from hitting you?
Yeah that happened a bit ago when I was playing Toad, cool effect.

Overall I'm...kinda sad about fox.

Maybe its the lag online or my own bad luck/lack of current skill....But our priority in the air seems really bad. Our Utilt is good, our Usmash is good, but our n-bair is kinda lacking in attack priority.

The AAA move right now just seems...though it does do decent damage, it can be DI'ed out of like all AAA moves, except for ones that aren't rapid fire but just 3 hits (mario for example). However it seems just so **** counter able, ill use it and as soon as they get far enough away i hold R and stop holding A but before shield comes up i get kicked in the chin.

The only thing I have to support this is my matches against Milln when he plays Lucario who absolutely ***** me in the air. I will say that the times I have connected, were purely because Fox is a faster character and I was able to Dbl Jump and connect quicker then he could attack.

kyle?!

Smash Cadet
I like his dair and nair way better in Brawl. His uair definitely doesn't hit like it did in melee though. I like his laser a lot more in brawl too. A lot of the levels in Brawl seem smaller than Melee, so range hasn't been too much of a problem.

starfoxteamganon

Smash Rookie
Thats true, his attacks seem to lag quite a bit now but I think he is still worth using in brawl even though his classic moves like is usmash and uair got nerfed

Talib

Smash Rookie
Melee ------- Brawl

Shine > Shine

FireFox > FireFox

Blaster < Blaster

Illusion < Illusion

Nair < Nair

Fair < Fair

Bair > Bair

uAir > uAir

dAir < dAir

uSmash > uSmash

dSmash = dSmash

sideSmash < sideSmash

All tilts = same.

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I really like Fox in Brawl. He was amazing in Melee but I think I have some weird complex where I like the characters who I don't think will be - for lack of a better description - top tier.

I played Pika in Melee, he was a blast to play because he had a lot of interesting uses but they were very difficult to pull off consistently. I feel like Fox is the same way, very difficult to master. The potential to be good (maybe not the best) is there however!

On a more relevent note, I would argue more along the lines of Talib's post.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
Fox's uThrow in Melee is way better, because you could actually combo with it. In Brawl, the uThrow sends the opponent too high out of reach, so you can't really follow it up with anything.

Also, how is Brawl Illusion better than Melee Illusion? Is it longer, or is it because of the auto sweet spot on ledges?

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Whoever is saying that fox's nair is better in brawl is wrong. It has less knockback, you can't combo at low percentages with it, and it's priority seems to have been reduced.

Top Bottom