• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Infinite Waveshine Combo Handicap

technomancer

Smash Champion
This should clearly be banned in tournaments. Some people put in a few months in training mode to get their waveshine down, and this makes it almost noobable, anyone with good fighting game skills should be able to pull it off and go win a local tourney with minimal trouble.

MeleeUltimate

Smash Cadet
come on... people surley we are not gonna revert to these cheap lazy tactics are we. It takes practice, skill and patience to waveshine or wavedash with fox, your basically rigging the whole thing. These tips are for kids who don't know how to play pro.. people who use these cheap tricks suck.. END OFF

One week ago I didn't know how to wavedash, waveshine shffl, nuttin, I thought I was screwed, I thought I could never master these skillz, I've been practicing and now it comes to me naturally now I'm on the verge of perfecting them... people... don't take the shortcut.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
This was an embarrasing old post I made. Now I can waveshine all the waveshineable characters without any kind of cheat. When I made this thread I was just trying to bring up something interesting. It's actually not that useful at all, even if I said it was a long time ago.

But if you're not into Melee at all and want to impress your friends just for fun, and you can't master the combo, I guess you could use this lol. But, keep in mind that I made this thread when I was a noob to Melee.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I may just be doing this wrong but it doesn't seem to apply to wavebirds. Is this something anyone else has noticed?

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
No, just turn it off and on when the joystick is up a little, which is actually faster then the XYS combo.

foxshomie

Smash Rookie
thats very interesting. my problem is quickness though, i cant seem to waveshine to well but i think ill practice on slow melee and ill eventually speed up. cool tactic tho.

EL CABALLERO

Smash Rookie
yeah right your the best smasher well let me tell you buddy I master all of falcos moves. so i like to battle you on a tournament or something like that buddy.

Bailey

Smash Hero
This should clearly be banned in tournaments. Some people put in a few months in training mode to get their waveshine down, and this makes it almost noobable, anyone with good fighting game skills should be able to pull it off and go win a local tourney with minimal trouble.
You do understand that this doesn't work on every character right? Also if you do this Fox has no Up-B at all this is just a way to f with the controller like if you plug in the controller holding left then it will hold right it is basically that.

also, its not like waveshinings hard at all, and just because somethings easy doesnt make it "noobish" technomancer.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Um.. I don't think you know what you're talking about. The reflectograb is one of the most easiest things to do.. Ever.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I did not know that such an amazing handicap existed. It shall help my gameplay imensly.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
hey sorry this is probably the wrong thread but when i stationairy wavedash by myself on the ground i can get it going really fast but when i shine someone against a wall they somehow keep me from going as fast as i would normally. is there a way to shine faster and/or possibly farther because after watching Zelgadis beat Eddie who played as Ganondorf i tried to waveshine him and kept comming short but if i could shine again faster or slide farther then i could get him, charciters like Link tho i can shine and range is barely the problem. thanks

Tyson651

Smash Lord
when u hit someone, or something, u get i think 6 frames of lag, rather than no frames of lag when u dont hit anyone.

and when u do it fast, u press jump during the 6 frames of lag, it doesnt input the jump and it screws up ur shine.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
if you get 6 frames of lag how much lag dose your opponent get til he can react again or do u know where i could look this stuff up

comboking

Smash Master
actually this should be tournament legal cause it is kind of the controller and its like the infinite grab if you get grabed your dead if you get waveshined you are dead and there is plenty was to avoid it

Top Bottom