• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Glide Toss Against Diddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hi. this is my first posting so im sorry if i accidentally brake any rules. i love using fox as he currently fits my style and have been using him for quite a while. now im no top rank player by any means but im not bad either. ive been reading these boards for hella days now and no where have i read about using fox's glide toss game against like diddy or something. I just wanna know if im the only person who knows that fox's jump cancelled item slide (i dont know the technical term for it and have labeled it JCIS) slides just as far or farther than diddy kong's glide toss and is easy to utilize.

To perform the JCIS (assuming you: use a game cube controller, have tap jump off, jump with x or y, and do not mind using the claw finger position which isn’t hard to do at all), all you have to is this:
1. pick up an item. we will use bananas as the example
2. move in the controller stick in the direction u want to slide either forwards or backwards
3. hit the c-stick in the direction you with to throw the banana and jump at the exact same time or just before (im only talking like couple frames which I don’t know how to count any ways) you hit the c-stick.

Utilization:
Do I even have to explain how useful this can be? This imo should completely change the way a fox plays a diddy! Bait that banana spamming monkey and let him get out a banana and then steal it! Maybe even try to get both in your possession! I have gotten diddy’s in there own stupid broken 2 banana glide toss lock and used it to combo into kills with up smash which conviently can be used out of glide toss for easy kills. if practiced and utilized correctly you can make a diddy user complain about how broken his bananas are and trust me… there is nothing funnier than the initial rub in you can give a diddy when he says that. nothing.

Anyways I hope this post helps all you other fox users out as well especially since this is my first post ever. And please if this is laughably old news or something don’t be too harsh on the negative comments lol.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Sorry, it is kinda old news. This is called a jump cancelled throw, in which you press jump (usually X or Y) a few frames before you throw an item. Also, in general throwing bananas against Diddy isn't a good idea; he utilizes them better with more options to throw/catch/maneuver with and around them, and can easily get them back if you decide to throw it. Some better options are down or up-throwing the banana, running away with it and lasering, throwing it to the opposite side of the stage and punishing Diddy for trying to get it, or just throwing it offstage.

Still, welcome to the boards!

Lesleyk

Smash Apprentice
@ AvaricePanda, I don't totally agree with you on this. Using this jump cancelled throw gives Fox an advantage killing Diddy at high % without breaking a sweat.

I would never suggest it throwing it offstage. What's the point in that ? Those bananas come and go whenever the Diddy feels like it. Throwing them offstage is never an option in this MU. Using them against Diddy is the smartest. Always try to keep them out of his control

I agree with you on the baiting strategy though.

@ Maharba the Mystic, as a fellow newbie to the boards. Welcome!

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Diddy can move easier with his bananas because he's able to do things like dribble, monkey flip with banana, cancel popgun with banana throw or z-drop, instant glide toss on landing, etc. Fox's movement doesn't mesh well with bananas, he can't carry them as well with B moves (illusion on stage with banana isn't great and doesn't change much with or without banana), and the inability to glide toss restricts his movement.

His jump cancelled throw doesn't really give him a bonus because his banana options are more readable if he's trying to go for a throw, and Diddy can generally bait, avoid, or at least catch a throw, especially when you have only one banana. It's why it's better to be more mobile and not impatient with it, or just try more down-throws instead. Not that you should never throw a banana back at Diddy, but you can't think, "oh we have a way to move and throw a banana let's do that," because the mentality is very readable+punishable.

Throwing a banana off-stage is good when the Diddy you're facing has much better banana control than you, or you think you can punish his banana pluck (because it's honestly pretty punishable if you don't let him get space and he's impatient).

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Diddy can move easier with his bananas because he's able to do things like dribble, monkey flip with banana, cancel popgun with banana throw or z-drop, instant glide toss on landing, etc. Fox's movement doesn't mesh well with bananas, he can't carry them as well with B moves (illusion on stage with banana isn't great and doesn't change much with or without banana), and the inability to glide toss restricts his movement.

His jump cancelled throw doesn't really give him a bonus because his banana options are more readable if he's trying to go for a throw, and Diddy can generally bait, avoid, or at least catch a throw, especially when you have only one banana. It's why it's better to be more mobile and not impatient with it, or just try more down-throws instead. Not that you should never throw a banana back at Diddy, but you can't think, "oh we have a way to move and throw a banana let's do that," because the mentality is very readable+punishable.

Throwing a banana off-stage is good when the Diddy you're facing has much better banana control than you, or you think you can punish his banana pluck (because it's honestly pretty punishable if you don't let him get space and he's impatient).
I banana locked a Diddy once using Jump Cancel Throws =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom