• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Foxes seem to get so many free hits on me at low percents

Shadoninja

Smash Cadet
I just played against a Fox who would grab me at 0% and then up throw up air up air me to 39% instantly every single stock. I try my best to smash DI it, but it doesn't work very often. Is there anything I can do to stop this combo at low percents?

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
How do you DI the grabs. You can usually di behind on the uthrow, and maybe jump out sometimes. You can also mix up your drift or jump timing, and smash di, and also try to fair out.

Comraderose

Smash Rookie
Generally at low percent DI away to not get comboed.
It sucks but you just cant get grabbed. Foxes that play like a Marth are a pain (no real commitment until they get the first grab) If you cant help but get grabbed work on your movement and practice using various spot dodge variations. Its a lot easier said then done. I like to DI away because I dont want to eat a Nair/Bair into an Uair. DI away opens you up to him getting a regrab or getting a nice dash attack but atleast your on the ground.
Foxes with that play style are a pain and make marth feel soooo bad but you've either got to never get grabbed or kill him every time you touch him.

aqualad33

Smash Rookie
Yeah, fox is a good character. You can di behind and double stick di the upair to try to get out but good foxes still hit 1-3 up airs. Honestly, eating 39% isn't that bad, good foxes can get ~ 55-60%. On the bright side, you do worse to him with your CG and platform punishes.

Top Bottom