• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs peach help

GoodMorningWood

Smash Rookie
My bro and I pretty new to the game when it comes to competitive game play, he plays fox as i choose peach. He wonders how to get close to peach while avoiding her downsmash. also are there any main tips he should know?

T r a n

Smash Cadet
You can either dash dance and wait to bait out the dsmash and punish afterwards or you can attack peach during the dsmash if you aim for her head/torso. Usually you see people coming down on peach with short hop drills when she dsmashes because peaches like to crouch cancel during the dsmash and drill can't be crouch cancelled after the first hit.

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
Peach has a big advantage if the Fox can't short hop-fast fall- L cancel his aerials (SHFFL'ing). Fox gains advantage from short-hop laser pressure as it makes peach approach.
Also Fox can wave-dash out of shine so by hitting a shine he can follow-up with a grab or up smash.
This is a typical approach to the match-up:
Fox will laser, Peach approaches, Fox forces an attack out of Peach but evades it- then he will shffl a drill into shine into up smash or grab into up air.

Reptilephantom

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
razi#494
I'm also having issues with fox vs peach my roommate just spams dsmash and grab. Will I just continue to get wrecked until I can wave shine and drill cancel?

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to give advice without seeing footage, but make sure you don't crouch cancel when you get Dsmashed.
Work on spacing and baiting, laser her to force her approach- dash attack if she dash dances too often and shield-grab her dash attacks.
Peach is difficult to edge-guard but edge-guards you easily so concentrate on stage control by maintaining centre-stage.
Build up percent and focus on Usmash and grab to Uair to kill her, always be conscious of when she's at death percent.
At the end of the day however I would say that Fox needs all his advanced tech to stand a chance against most of the top tiers as otherwise he's just combo-food. Hit the lab and keep trying it'll become second nature.

Being careful is incredibly important vs. Peach. Just practice patience as you're more likely to lose a stock if you make a mistake than visa-versa.

Watch some Mango vs. Armada videos to see the match-up at its best.

Last edited:

Stuffin

Smash Rookie
If you can't L-cancel your drill you can always just bait out the dsmash with a dash dance and grab, up-throw, up-air. For sure work on drill shines though, its super necessary to play any peach that knows how to play.

Top Bottom