• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs. Luigi

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Im terrible at this matchup, im looking for some basic advice to take into the big house this weekend. what approaches should i look for? what stages are good and bad for fox? anything else i should know? thanks guys

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Drill>grab instead of drill>shine because its bard to get shine follow ups. He is slow in the air but fast on the ground, so look for opportunities to punish him while he is airborn.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Ban FD, go to DL or PS.

Laser camp, platform camp, shine him off stage. Respect his doublejump > shine spike the end of down B and the hat of his side B. Roll to the edge and CC > shine his up B. You cant really combo him so I go for the shine spikes.

LMN8

Smash Rookie
patient aerials are the key here. shine is still good in this matchup because there is definitely still spike potential but you cant use it to combo really. try using more shffls in place of shine. also if luigi has to up-b just cc at the ledge and shine. stay moving and remember luigi's options are only as good as you let them be he has far less tools than fox.

Last edited:

CrabZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrabDragon
Chillin made a video talking about this matchup

Last edited:

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
I used to sort of have luigi as a secondary, and this is some of my limited (and potentially not 100% correct) knowledge:
- I dislike Yoshi's because a lot of things simply push you onto the ledge. (as luigi)
-As krazykyzo said, laser camping can be annoying (for luigi)
-Depending how good a luigi is, chances are he'll approach with some combination of d-smash, f-tilt or maybe turnaround up-tilt (which isn't quite as good)
-D-smash is safe on shield cause of low traction (luigi's), try jumping over and drilling.
-Also his recovery has very few options, if you learn how it works you can edgeguard him well.
Hope I could help!

I used to play luigi a bit, here's how I felt
-Yoshi's is an annoying stage 'cause so much stuff pushes you off, you have very little room to move around
-As krazyzyko said, laser camping and be annoying for luigi
-PS or YS are probably your best bets because of the reasons I said for YS earlier and because you can camp a bit on PS and you have a low ceiling.
-Chances are luigi will approach with a combination of wavedashes and d-smash or f-tilt
-d-smash safe on you shield 'cause of low traction, try jumping over it and drilling
Hope I could be of some help!

Sorry :( nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom