• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs Game & Watch MU

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
for one, i will tell you that i dont think youre being patient enough. while your tech skill isnt perfect yet, and you could defnitely improve in areas that contribute to a more fluid mobility layout (plat WDing, keeping your DD tighter towards your opponent, etc.), you are much more mobile and seem to have the greater tech skill than that GW player. honestly, while the potential is in your game, i didnt see all that much potential in the GW player. i dont think he WDed once, i dont think i saw him L cancel, he was very inert and didnt really even DD.. all of his kills and hits he basically got from you running in head first into them. trying playing more patient and calculating with fox. not every single hit has to be followed up immediately by another hit. you can wait for his reaction and punish it, especially in neutral, when you got grabbed a few times for trying to run in with upsmashes. thats honestly the best way to deal with a player of his calibur: just wait for them to do something and then punish it, because you have the speed, and they dont have the skill to deal with it if its applied properly.

LightningLoops

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrayUSA
3DS FC
1092-0083-1620
^I also struggle with G&W. His SHFF Fair is very difficult to deal with. Any tips on that?

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
You can try a FH FF Nair to get above the Fair hitbox. Fair is also pretty laggy so you can punish him if you are quick (that's why they use Bair usually for spacing).

You kill him crazy early too, whether it's Usmash or Uthrow > Uair.

Ban Yoshi's Story.

Edit : G&W hits like a truck.

Last edited:

Bobby191

Smash Rookie
bait the dair and shield it then you can punish accordingly also you have to tech roll the down throw i play as game and watch and when i see people cant hit the tech roll i have a field day with down throw to d-tilt or smashes

Top Bottom