• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs Falco

Dilla2000

Smash Rookie
Should fox or Falco have the #1 tier, or if you feel that neither should be it who do you think should be #1?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Should fox or Falco have the #1 tier, or if you feel that neither should be it who do you think should be #1?
Fox, if it wasn't for Fox's crazy u-smash, and uair and Falco's bad recovery, then I think Falco would be best.

Campoq

Smash Rookie
NNID
Campoq
I've always preferred Falco but i know that overall, Fox is a better character. it all depends on how your play style is and for what types of kills you go for. I always try to spike whenever given the chance.

Fox has some overall better traits compared to Falco.

The jump squat allows him to get aerials faster from the ground. Shine out of shield is fastest for Fox compared to Falco. This allows him to punish more things hit on the shield. However, unless Fox gets a grounded Shine he cannot follow-up on several characters. Falco on the other hand can shine OoS gets more leeway in punishing and confirming on a hit.

Grab is overall stronger on Fox, but for different reasons. Falco can play you into shielding with lasers while Fox can play you into shielding by threat of dash dance SH aerial. But, Fox's grab allows a guaranteed follow-up in several situations while Falco's is more of a positional advantage. Which is still good, but not as good as guaranteed stun time for follow-ups.

Recovery is better as well.

The big thing obviously for Falco is pretty much the best neutral space taking in the entire game thanks to lasers. I think the first place value depends upon how much you think Falco's lasers are in a match-up over Fox's mobility.

Top Bottom