• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Tips

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody have any Fox combos they could list that are not dodge-able

Also, how do I perfect my DDing, and how should I approach, and also how can I use DDing to approach?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
thanks, and do you know any combos out of a throw? Uthrow to Uair and Dthrow to anything else don't work as my opponents dodge them easily

Plus any tips on DDing?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Oh i forgot, also, how do you get an opponent in a grab, my grab reach feels so short and my opponents have such better range than me. Everytime I attack with an Nair, U smash, Dash attack, or anything, I am immeditely shielded and punished.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Fox's grab range is horrid, you need to be directly on your opponent in order to grab them. All grabs vary in distance. If you want to see a live example of this play as Marth and watch his disjointed grab go to work, the distance is insane compared to Fox. You gotta learn your character, can't expect him to have the same properties as others.

Use these

Videos
Advanced "How To Play" - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
Lucien's "Smash Tutorials" - 1: Spacing - 2: Reading Comprehension
Gimpyfish's "Player's Progress" - 1: Motivated Gamers - 2: Problem Solving

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
If you're looking for extended/true combos they are not a ton since a lot of them have a lot of variables.

Fox's offensive game is all about waiting or baiting out a commitment and punishing it with your best normal available which is usually going to be shine or uthrow.

Be able to drillshine, waveshine, waveshine into a grab, shine out of your shield, and get very familiar with uthrow and that combo/option tree.

A lot of flashy tech isn't necessary to play Fox, those things above however are. And patience (and excellent movement).

Top Bottom