• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Tech: C-Bounced Lasers

tronfox64

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. The Sheik forums has been on fire lately with all sorts of new tech, and I wanted to share with you guys a tech pointed out by @TheReflexWonder that works really well with Keeping Fox's lasers safe and at a distance.

The tech is called C-Bouncing, and, when combined with Perfect Pivoting, gives fox a ton of options in controlling his momentum and positioning with lasers. Keep in mind that these can be difficult to pull off at first, and will require some dedicated practice to use consistently, but becomes very worth it once mastered.

----------------------------------------Examples----------------------------------------

(Grounded) C-Bounced Lasers
http://gfycat.com/FaroffSlowGalapagossealion

C-Bounced retreats (Different than B-Reverses as you don't slide back towards your opponent)
http://gfycat.com/ImperfectImpracticalElephantseal

C-Bounced approaches, Perfect Pivoted retreats.
http://gfycat.com/SickUltimateElephant

http://gfycat.com/NaivePointedAustraliankelpie

Comparison of Platform dropping lasers (normal) and C-Bounced platform dropping lasers.
http://gfycat.com/ColorlessPhysicalBorer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason it's called C-Bounceing is because it's similar to a wavebounce, but involves using the C-Stick and Special at the same time instead.

In addition, it can be used on the ground, sends you farther than a wavebounce, and keeps you facing forward.

NOTE: It is highly recommended that you set one of you spare trigger (:GCRT: in my case) to special, as this tech is nearly impossible to do with the standard :GCB: button.

--------------------------------------------Inputs--------------------------------------------
Keep in mind you may not have a lot
  • Same Direction, Reverse Momentum: While holding :GCR:, Input :GCCL: + :GCB: (exact same time)
  • Opposite Direction, Same Momentum: Immediately AFTER releasing :GCR: , Input :GCCL: + :GCB: (exact same time)
Note: Your C-Stick must be set to Tilts or Smash for this to work.

Visual Video courtesy of @ NoahDaniel NoahDaniel :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This works in the air as well, but doesn't have the same momentum as grounded variations. Still useful though. See the platform dropping gif for reference, as that was used in the air.

TL;DR C-Bounced Lasers, combined with the Laser endlag buff Fox received in 1.10, allows you to become extremely safe with lasers so long as you master the inputs. Be prepared to have to put a good bit of practice in to completely get this down though. Happy Hunting, Foxes.

Last edited:

NoahDaniel

Smash Cadet
It works pretty well for me after some practicing. I'm using attack on my C-Stick, does it matter which C-Stick mode is used?

I experimented with some other characters and found out that Marth gets a really nice slide with this tech, so in case anyone here has Marth as a secondary, there you have a nice mixup.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
It works pretty well for me after some practicing. I'm using attack on my C-Stick, does it matter which C-Stick mode is used?

I experimented with some other characters and found out that Marth gets a really nice slide with this tech, so in case anyone here has Marth as a secondary, there you have a nice mixup.
Maybe it's just me, but using C-stick for B-sticking doesn't seem to work. Other than that there's no problem.

NoahDaniel

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's just me, but using C-stick for B-sticking doesn't seem to work. Other than that there's no problem.
Do you with B-stick mean the C-stick set to special? I set it to tilts, not specials.

And maybe you're inputting it too early. You can't use the neutral B in the initial dash animation, but you can use side B. If I manage to set up a camera, I'll record how I do the inputs.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Do you with B-stick mean the C-stick set to special? I set it to tilts, not specials.

And maybe you're inputting it too early. You can't use the neutral B in the initial dash animation, but you can use side B. If I manage to set up a camera, I'll record how I do the inputs.
I know, I got it working with C-stick set to tilt, but not with special.

tronfox64

Smash Cadet
@ Logo12 Logo12 Whoops, forgot to mention you need to have your C-Stick set to either Tilts or Smashes for this to work. Also, @ NoahDaniel NoahDaniel , Mind if I add your recording to the OP? I think that provides a good visualization, which might further help people learn it.

Hubbles

Smash Rookie
Having decent success with this so far, extremely hard to pull off though...

Umby

Smash Master
Worked on getting this consistently last night. Something that may help, if you normally rest your fingers on your buttons, try hovering them over the buttons. I find, when I do that, when make the motion to press the buttons, both fingers move and hit the inputs at the same time.

Top Bottom