• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox still the best?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
well its be obvious in melee that fox was overall the best. Is this still the case in pm ? Please support you opinions

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Yes and No. The meta game is still very young so there could be characters that are better. He has no unwinnable MU's but he has some that aren't really fun to play like vs. Marth or Zelda. But he's still amazing overall.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Actually a lot of people argue that Falco is better than Fox in Melee.

Fox is good because he is fast, has ridiculous combo ability, can out-camp most characters, has ridiculous kill potential, is hard to star KO, etc. Personally I don't think any character (other than Falco) even comes close to his level, with the closest being Pit. Mewtwo I think might be close to Pit, because the pros who play him (coughcoughm2kcoughcough) don't use a lot (most?) of his ATs.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Actually a lot of people argue that Falco is better than Fox in Melee.

Fox is good because he is fast, has ridiculous combo ability, can out-camp most characters, has ridiculous kill potential, is hard to star KO, etc. Personally I don't think any character (other than Falco) even comes close to his level, with the closest being Pit. Mewtwo I think might be close to Pit, because the pros who play him (coughcoughm2kcoughcough) don't use a lot (most?) of his ATs.
I heard a statement backing up the Falco over Fox debate " Fox wins, on paper" And I can agree, but if he's been marked as #1 for so long I can't say I completely agree that Falco beats him out. I think it all comes down to the player and matchup experience. And the "On paper" statement comes back in PM too. I think he has the best character build until you bring out matchups. Because I have a biiiiiiig feeling that all the new wonkier characters can really put Fox through a hard time if it starts happening

Top Bottom