• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox or Falco?

John Onefifteen

Smash Cadet
NNID
johnthejunebug
im a sheik main, need a secondary character to pull out. my play style is a lot of strategy and taking time to make sure I perfect everything. I usually like to stall and deal quick damage and then capitalize the second my opponent slips up. which spacy fits this strategy?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
im a sheik main, need a secondary character to pull out. my play style is a lot of strategy and taking time to make sure I perfect everything. I usually like to stall and deal quick damage and then capitalize the second my opponent slips up. which spacy fits this strategy?
I'd say Falco. You can run and stall with retreating lasers, then combo the **** out of them if the mess up.

flacofaloc

Smash Cadet
Just get some friends and do some friendlies, or maybe netplay.

I think you'd like fox. He has the speed and maneuverability to stall, and his lasers are god tier. My brother mains sheik and dabbles with fox a lot as of late.

Gordon Freeman

Smash Rookie
Honestly, Falco. There is nothing more badass then seeing someone who practiced their heart out with him and absolutely dominating tourneys with him.

AirFair

Marth tho
Fox. You have the mobility to outmaneuver an opponent, and Fox is really good at controlling the pace of a match. Falco isn't a bad choice either, but I suggest you try both.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I'd say Fox because Falco needs to hit big combos to win whereas Fox can just outmaneuver the opponent and rack up damage with lasers and the occasional nair until he drill shine upsmashes his opponent to oblivion. However, the Falco in me wants you to pick Falco.

Painless67

Smash Rookie
Start out playing falco and work up to fox. Falco will introduce you to spacies and fox has a sharper yet more satisfying difficulty curve.

(not saying falco is for beginners)

JoeTango

It Takes Two
Falcon because when your opponent lays their eyes on his massive pecks they will surely slip up which leads to a hard punish via knee

KillerGum

Smash Cadet
Definitely Fox. Fox can help take care of potentially problematic matchups for you (Puff+ICs) better than Falco can. Fox can camp better than Falco in most matchups because he has better mobility and lasers rack up damage really fast.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Falcon because when your opponent lays their eyes on his massive pecks they will surely slip up which leads to a hard punish via knee
But really, though, the cornerstone of Falcon play is his punish game, which the OP expressed an interest in.

To actually answer your question OP, it kinda seems like either spacey has enough options to allow you to play with the style you described. Just give both a try and see what you think.

Top Bottom