• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox On ledge Against Marth Advice

Munchie1015

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, so as a young up incoming fox main I have pretty much been able to play with only one of my friends who mains marth because there aren't any tournaments near us and no one else we know takes melee seriously. So yeah he mains Marth and I have noticed the main points I am lacking in and Id appreciate some advice from my smash family.

Heres a summary:

Every time i try to ledge hop to any ariel he hits me with fair or smash

Every time i try to ledgedash/ waveland (I don't know the correct term) he hits me with fair or fsmash

Every time I try to wait it out to bait an aerial so I can advance he dtilts me and I die

Every time i roll he turns, grabs me, and basically kills me.

I have tried everything i can think of and I do try to mix it up but I have seen no positive results so it'd be much appreciated if someone can lay some advice for a fellow fox main. Thanks

Megumin

Smash Rookie
when you waveland on stage are you dashing towards him? Regular get up at lower % gives you 2 frames you can be hit, fox illusion with ledge cancel and the shorten mix up is good too.

Last edited:

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
When you're on the ledge as Fox against Marth, you definitely want to keep your ledge invincibility as long as possible. What you should do is do a firefox stall (Push sideways on the analog stick then immediately Up B) and try to do a ledge option after that. If he's standing too close to the ledge, do a down air. If you stall long enough he might get impatient, and if he tries to down tilt you, you can punish him.
I'd honestly recommend trying to find other people in your area, or people who aren't too far away, since the more people you play against the more you'll learn and adapt to this.

Munchie1015

Smash Rookie
When you're on the ledge as Fox against Marth, you definitely want to keep your ledge invincibility as long as possible. What you should do is do a firefox stall (Push sideways on the analog stick then immediately Up B) and try to do a ledge option after that. If he's standing too close to the ledge, do a down air. If you stall long enough he might get impatient, and if he tries to down tilt you, you can punish him.
I'd honestly recommend trying to find other people in your area, or people who aren't too far away, since the more people you play against the more you'll learn and adapt to this.
Ill definitely start practicing the ledgestall with firefox, thanks for the help. And there aren't any tournaments where I live, I regularly check on the tournament listings forum and search online. But thanks for the help

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Refresh invincibility with firestall and jump on platform (on certain stages) is another option. If he always opt for attacking and never shield, try get up attack (below 100%) sometimes, he can out space it and tipper though, but he's gotta be ready.

And yes, practice the almighty ledgedash, till you don't kill yourself anymore (obviously) and you're fast enough to still be invincible. Then you can mix up ledgedash>invincible nair and ledgedash>grab, so whatever he does he's not safe at the ledge anymore so he has to wait out of your ledgedash range (which is pretty big). Now that he respects your ledgedash you can also jump on platform for free for example.

Top Bottom