• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox off stage help

Whisperer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Refuseful
3DS FC
4527-8640-3489
With fox i find him to be strong, but him off stage can be risky, i was wondering if anyone know interesting facts and/or combos to do.

I ask this because air attacks drag you down, so if you miss an aerial attack you get carried off by your own attack and possibly if your opponent is skilled they'll punish you.

Gunslinger

Smash Apprentice
Gimping in this game is very matchup dependent. A lot of characters have such a ridiculous recovery so I'll generally let them have ledge to try to read their getup. Also this helps me punish them if they fail to sweet spot/try to recover high. If they're recovering low, I'll run off the ledge and double jump retreating nair to the stage. If I'm feeling particularly brave, I'll even go for an insane bair edgegaurd. If they're foes with an exploitable recovery offstage nair is probably the safest option. Another option is to let them have ledge, then grab it from them. They might be surprised and drop below the stage for a bit. If this happens getup from the ledge, then prepare a downsmash for them as they attempt to recover again. SHFF Fair's meteor hitbox can take opponent's by surprise if they try to double jump safely back to stage. I've also gotten pretty good at using Wolf Flash's meteor hitbox, but once again, high risk high reward.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
I have had bad luck off stage as well I now stand backwards and wait for them to get back on the platform and read it. If they take to the air coming on stage I Bair. If they just get on I short hop Nair. Occasionally by standing backwards near the edge and neu trail jump fast fall you will grab the edge quickly and then Bair on there ledge grab attempt. That's what I have been working with lately.

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
has anyone tried shining for edgeguarding? how has it worked for them?

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
has anyone tried shining for edgeguarding? how has it worked for them?
Shine is no good for edgeguarding in smash 4, unfortunately. No spike, pretty mediocre knockback, and it doesn't gimp too well either. Pretty much only a defensive tactic in this iteration.

Top Bottom