• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Match Up - Shield Pressure

deeseejay

Smash Cadet
So, I've had a lot of trouble recently against Foxes.

I know Yoshi has a lot of good tools in this match up, down smash into rising nair when off stage is excellent, pivot grab into up air and up tilt/f tilt is also really good.

BUTTTT

A lot of the time I get stuck in shield. The Fox will start being relentless with his drill shines and nair shines and DCJ nair out of shield isn't an answer to this as the shine couldn't give a crap about super amour.

Anybody have any insight?

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
Idk about actual counterplay but Fox's shine won't knock Yoshi out of his DJ, it's only during the hop and n-air startup that Yoshi's vulnerable to it. I've gotten away with rolling but that's probably because I've never played a good Fox. Wavedash oos will probably escape more shield pressure and be pretty safe. Up-smash out of shield takes minimum 12 frames to do (1 frame for jumpsquat, hits on frame 11) might be enough time but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom