• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox JC upsmash

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
When doing fox's JC upsmash, is just using up-A acceptable for all situations? When I'm doing wave-shine dash upsmash on marth, I feel like if I use up-A, i end up accidentally charging up the JC up smash which gives them time to shield or get out of it. Is it better to switch to using tap jump+c-stick? What do most high level players use for JC up smash?

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
I personally switch to claw momentarily and use a jump button and c stick...but in personal preference I feel that using A for smash attacks make them slightly slower on the release. I don't have any frame data but I would presume that they CAN be the same speed but by using c stick it comes out as fast as possible where with A it takes longer because of the time pressing the button.

Again that's just how it feels to me (I use c erry-time unless i want to charge because it FEELS faster to use c)and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to explain why or why not c-stick is better.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Against Marth, it's typically easier to grab, then go for the u-air. If you're wanting to shine u-smash, you're going to need some forward momentum before the shine and u-smash really quickly.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
I used to use tap jump+cstick for my upsmashes exclusively. These days I switch to claw if I have some sort of setup or if I bait something out since I'm most consistent with that. On upsmash openings I recognize but don't plan, I still find myself using tap jump+cstick for the immediacy.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Yeah I also vote for tap jump cstick. You want to also be able to tap jump a for hard reads and things.

Top Bottom