• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Jab Lock Setups (Video Guide)

nKa ProtoType

Smash Rookie

I'm willing to update this video because I feel like I have left somethings out. I also don't mind discussing ways of avoiding this setup seeing as it is avoidable in many ways (outside of teching and setup dependent).

GiMiX

Smash Cadet
This is sick! I will definitely be checkout out this series.
This Bair setup is legit man. Fox has so many setups I'd like to be able to land form of lock each match.

nKa ProtoType

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but some characters are much harder to land the Bair setup on. For example: Donkey Kong or ZSS. Mainly these two because ZSS lays down so flat that her hurtbox becomes too small. The timing to hit the Nair becomes really tight. As far as Donkey Kong goes, his hurtbox is so big that a Sweetspotted Nair is more likely to connect.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
This is an excellent video.

It's things like these that make Fox so dangerous, because if you read him wrong, he can just mix up the technique with his dash and jump speed, and you can eat a heavier punish than you were expecting.

Thank you for the video, though I knew some of these, you bring up some excellent points, well done!

Top Bottom