• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox DI Help or Insight!!

TakeANap

Smash Rookie
Im a pretty new player ive been playing about 5 months and have improved at a rapid rate, my one problem is DI and retaining DI at all times whilst keeping up with everything else i have learned, it usually takes a back seat because its just so much going on and i only vs people better than me so i never get breaks (breaks as far as neutral game, and always having to be on point with my tech skill or i get punished to death HARD) I've recently been reading a Smash library google doc and found this http://portraitinsmash.blogspot.com/2015/05/asdi-down.html and i was just curious to know if there was anything like this for other forms of smash DI and when and what situations i should be using it idk really where im going with this but i want to know my optimal options and use for smash DI so i can start recognizing the situations where i need to apply it and then do so! I play Fox just so you guys know

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I don't know what the hell happened when I fought Prof. Pro at Pound but the matches went fairly quickly. When he started one punish he pretty much killed me automatically.

IDK if it was terrible DI or an amazing punish game.

iMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
iStarFox
DI is a complicated, but I can breffly explain it without making it hard and how you can apply it to your playing style.

DI is directional influence, which I assume you already know.

To DI properly you must input the direction opposite to the direction your being hit by, this allows you to talk less flight and live longer in some cases.

Also knowing when to DI is very important, for example, if your too high up near the blast zone towards the right, you going to want to DI like this left down :GCDL: or down :GCD: like that.

You only have a few frames to input DI before you begin to take knockback. Frames are also important when it come to DI'ing as well.

Ask me if you still have anymore concerns. Because I might be leaving somethings out.

MKarma

Smash Cadet
DI is a complicated, but I can breffly explain it without making it hard and how you can apply it to your playing style.

DI is directional influence, which I assume you already know.

To DI properly you must input the direction opposite to the direction your being hit by, this allows you to talk less flight and live longer in some cases.

Also knowing when to DI is very important, for example, if your too high up near the blast zone towards the right, you going to want to DI like this left down :GCDL: or down :GCD: like that.

You only have a few frames to input DI before you begin to take knockback. Frames are also important when it come to DI'ing as well.

Ask me if you still have anymore concerns. Because I might be leaving somethings out.
This was not the question, and it's VERY wrong

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
The basics of DI and what you should know when learning it is basically up&towards stage when you want to live, directly away when you want to get out of combos.
It's obviously more complex than that, but when you can confidently use those two forms of DI without even thinking you'll start to pick up on what other ways DI can be used.

{Lemons}

Smash Rookie
I believe you can avoid getting hit with Thunder's combo (waveshine jab reset) by holding up on the control stick even if you miss the tech. not sure about percents and what not. You can always learn to SDI the first hit of up air for the Fox ditto. Being able to SDI should also help getting out of Falco's combos. You can SDI every hit of Falco's up throw as well which lets you do some cool stuff.

Top Bottom