• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox and Falco are broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Fox is still pretty awesome. I mean come on, he has the best way to get rid of deminishing returns out of the entire cast thanks to his blaster. He has actual combo ability, pleanty of KO power and is STILL the fastest character in the game in terms of attacking speed balanced with mobility.

Dair to jab alone does someting like 20% free damage, which is just lovely.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Fox raep's like 25% of the cast

Falco raeps the other 75%

you guys obviously can't play either correctly against good players if you don't see this. =/

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
People don't realize the true characters who make this game broken...
How deep...

Anyway, maybe you're the one who is broken, in this game I win more than in melee because now that the characters are more balanced it's a matter of ability

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
so you're bascially saying a pro with both fox and falco can beat anyone if they know which character his or her opponent will be useing?

manhunter098

Smash Lord
If Falco was as good as you claim...the guys in the back room would have put him in the top 3 characters. Fox on the other hand isnt as good as Falco imo, and thus if Falco is not top 3 material Fox is not by a longshot.

If you want to make people believe you, at least try to support your point objectively.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
there are broken techniques people haven't found out for both falco and fox that in time, other people besides me will find out, and abuse. they will both be top tier in a matter of time.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
OMG Cash Mooney knows all the secret techniques and glitches to make Fox top tier!! He could beat KEN ZOMG!

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
I think Fox is good because he can shine and then smash and uses a gun to damage people and doesnt afraid of anything.

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
Fox is a good Character: He has good combo's (for SSBB) is very fast etc. but he hes enough disadvantages which clearly make him pretty balanced. With "Balanced" in SSBB I mean he's able to win against most characters, but most characters can win against him.

- His Priority isn't that good, but with his speed its okay.
- He's one of the lightest characters in the game and his recovery is mediocre.
- He has nice combos but his finishers are not that good.

I think Fox is one of the characters with the most potential when he's used by a good player, but he's very hard to master.

cya

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Fox is better than falco guys, who cares if falco has a lame *** chain grab to like 40-50%?
Falco has a less better shine than fox and he doesnt have a drill either, Fox's nair is way better than falco too. On the downside, fox's laser is much weaker and doesnt cause kb, and his drill doesnt spike either, which is a good thing.

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
Fox is better than falco guys, who cares if falco has a lame *** chain grab to like 40-50%?
Falco has a less better shine than fox and he doesnt have a drill either, Fox's nair is way better than falco too. On the downside, fox's laser is much weaker and doesnt cause kb, and his drill doesnt spike either, which is a good thing.
I also prefer Fox over Falco, but you can't really compare the 2, beacause you play Falco very different from Fox:

1) Fox is fast and lightweighted - Falco isn't that fast and heavier.
2) Fox uses more combos - Falco has chaingrab.
3) The Lasers are quite different, the Shine is completely different.
4) Falco has way better finishers
5) Up-B and Side-B are maybe really similar, but they don't really matter for things other than recovery and you can't compare the recovery's from Characters with different weight, fallspeed etc.

cya

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
No, it isn't. If your not winning with fox, its because you are not playing him right. =/
This could be said about any char

thats all im goign to post (except this msg explaning why the first part of this post is the only part im going to post) because you seem to think you know something, but withthe info you've given us, you seem to know very little.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
This could be said about any char

thats all im goign to post (except this msg explaning why the first part of this post is the only part im going to post) because you seem to think you know something, but withthe info you've given us, you seem to know very little.
May sounds stupid, but the stuff I've found out I've promised not to tell anybody. I shouldn't know half the stuff I do know. Fox will be at the top of high tier though. You will see.

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
May sounds stupid, but the stuff I've found out I've promised not to tell anybody. I shouldn't know half the stuff I do know. Fox will be at the top of high tier though. You will see.
Sounds nice, even if I'm a bit confused why such gamebreaking things haven't been discovered earlier by the japanese pros or why these things are TOP SECRET, because somebody has to test stuff like this and use it in tournaments etc.

cya

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
lol

but thats exactly it

they have been discovered

Random Japanese site said:
4/10/08 japan キャラランク "chara rank" list
http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...761820/282-382
S. Snake, Falco(^), MK(^), ROB(v)
A. Fox(^)
B. G&W(^^^), Diddy(^), Toon(^^^), Pit(^^^^^), M4rfu(v)
C. ICs(vvv), Wolf(vvv), Olimar(^^^^^), ZeroSamus(^^^), Pikachu(vvv), *Mario(^^^), Lucas(v), *Lucario(^^^^^)
D. Kirby(^^^), Sheik(vvv), DDD(vvv), Luigi(^^^), Wario
E. *Koopa(vvvvv), Samus(vvv), Zelda(vvvvv), *DK(^), Ness(^^^), Peach(vvvvv), Link(^^^)
F. Ike(vvvvv), *Sonic(^), CF(^), Purin(^^^), *PokeTore(vvv), Yoshi(vvv)
G. Ganon(v)

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
yeah, nobody said Fox isn't very high tier and IMO he's clearly on the way up, but you said sth about Top Secret stuff and the AT's the pro's are using in japan aren't that TOP SECRET I think... And Gamebreaking Techniques can never be kept secret for such a long time (the tier-list you posted is several weeks old and new stuff is on youtube in no time! ^^')

cya

orintemple

Smash Lord
Not a funny post either...

anyhoo I think that Falco is higher tier because he doesn't afraid of less things then Fox doesn't. Fox does afraid of his dad. Falco doesn't. Falco > Fox
But we all know that Wolf doesn't afraid of the least things.

StarWolf is a pretty cool guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom